Hi from Bristol - Matchless G12 sled

Information relating to the Matchless G12 or AJS Model 31 650cc twin
BultacoBen

Hi from Bristol - Matchless G12 sled

Post by BultacoBen »

Hi folks,

I used to be in the club back in about 2016 when I had a Lightweight G2 CSR.

Now back in the AMC fold as have bought a big red 'sled', a G12 CSR in disguise, which I'm really enjoying.
PXL_20240504_093748443.jpg
Has the wrong carb on it, a 389 sure, but wrong slide which I think is causing some of the just off idle 8-stroking I'm experiencing, so I've got a #4 to try to see if we can solve that instead of #3.

Apart from that she's sweet! Starts easily, idles lovely, pulls hard, but wet sumps terribly! I don't mind the faff of getting onto my knees before any ride, adds to the ritual of it all and would rather that than risk forgetting a tap. It's a '59 motor in a '60 duplex frame, and there's only two wires on the entire bike, one to each plug.

Working my way through making her reliable and handy off-road; as well as the usual green laning round here I'm doing the Arbuthnot Trial in September with a big gaggle of mates, and also my dad for whom I'm prepping a nice lightweight Greeves Scottish. Should be a good time!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1959 G12 CS(R) 'sled'
1964 Greeves Scottish
1970 Trackmaster Bultaco TSS flat-tracker
1975 Bultaco Pursang
g80csp11

Re: Hi from Bristol - Matchless G12 sled

Post by g80csp11 »

Good to have you back . it only took 8 years
bike looks good , silencers are over rated !