Thinking about a new AJS, Help....

This area is for discussion/information on the "modern" AJS motorcycles manufactured in China from 2006 onwards.
bigwol

Post by bigwol »

quote:
quote:
how many people does your wife know of that have been killed or injured in a car? Doesn't stop her riving/ riding in one though.

I shall save that quote for later...

Another one you might want for the back pocket is from a friend of mine who was a fire man. He used to say he rode bikes as "he had never had to cut anyone out of a bike, but plenty from cars!"
It's all just riding motorbikes
itma

Post by itma »

quote: I don't suppose your wife does any horse riding? If so, get her to look up statistics on injuries from horsey accidents, in particular head injuries, which are worse than for motorcycle accidents.

well pointed out Janet, I bet no one died from falling off when their bike was scared by a low flying helicopter, which has happened down here to horse riders a couple times.
Merlin

Post by Merlin »

I think it would be better for all car drivers to be taught to ride motorcycles.I think it makes you a better car driver.Always remember one thing it is pointless being in the morgue saying but I was right.
Chemists do it with test tubes
bigwol

Post by bigwol »

quote: I don't suppose your wife does any horse riding? If so, get her to look up statistics on injuries from horsey accidents, in particular head injuries, which are worse than for motorcycle accidents.

A lot of spinal injuries caused falling from horses too, and at least motorcycle protective clothing is more effective than a cardboard hat and pair of jodphurs.

As a crane rigger friend of mine once said when asked if he was scared off falling from such heights "it's not the falling off that hurts, it's the landing does the damage!"
It's all just riding motorbikes
itma

Post by itma »

round here horse riders are safe as long as they fall on their big fat ar$es
Cerberus

Post by Cerberus »

"so will always leave a reaction gap"

I do so both on two wheels and in a car - What p**s me off is those brainless p**ts that pull into it, usually driving BMW/Audis....
rex.webb

Post by rex.webb »

So TRUE !

I think it would be better for all car drivers to be taught to ride motorcycles.I think it makes you a better car driver.Always remember one thing it is pointless being in the morgue saying but I was righ.

Ride with CARE and LIVE LONG to ENJOY your Bikes and Scooters.
r w webb
MikeM.

Post by MikeM. »

Wife Janet, we're just good friends, been like that for nearly 34 years!
But she who likes to be obeyed is not keen on me riding in next year's W H! Says I'm getting too old to be wandering around the countryside in the middle of the night, I(we) may volunteer to do the teas if Bill and Sue are definitely not going to do it next year, that is assuming that the W H! will be on in 2013.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

quote: She who likes to be obeyed......says I'm getting too old to be wandering around the countryside in the middle of the night
At least you've someone to fetch you back home again.

'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
NoodleHead

Post by NoodleHead »

Hi shirt_r. I have got myself a ajs regal raptor. For an 07 model its in all round good nick. Engine goes ok and brakes are good stoppers. Parts are easy to get from ajs. If mine is an example of these bikes i would say they are good value for money.