Just a couple of pics of my new 59 G12

Information relating to the Matchless G12 or AJS Model 31 650cc twin
ghost123uk

Post by ghost123uk »

quote:
Would you like the details of how I made mine ?

It's a kind offer Brian but whilst I am OK at routine maintenance and major maintenance, actual metal work is beyond the scope of my tools and skills.

I have mentioned on another thread that I have contacted "Renntec" who make a wide variety of racks, mostly for modern bikes, but I am hoping they might have something that can be adapted (they do one for a traditional frame style one for a Bonneville ?)

I was hoping to go to the open day at Kettering today but the distance (120 miles)combined with the very poor weather has convinced me not to ! I might have got a pointer or two from the folks there on a rack suitable for a CSR rear end.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

John, with a G12, near Chester in the UK
cf160

Post by cf160 »

It looks terrific Ghost! Drive it carefully and watch out for idiots who don't see you at an intersection when they are turning left!(or is it right over there?)
Dave(cf160)
David J.Potter
Crafty

Post by Crafty »

I have just had a look at your piccies and like what I see. Nice one. I have its near twin sister (not the one advertised) except mine has all the original tinware. Must admit yours looks nicer with the ali guards etc.

Crafty