REAR CARRIER

Information relating to the Matchless G5 or AJS Model 8 350cc Lightweight
David Mills

REAR CARRIER

Post by David Mills »

Hello Chaps, I want to fit a rear carrier to my model 8, any suggestions suppliers or alternatives welcome Cheers
cbranni

REAR CARRIER

Post by cbranni »

JSL do one for tourers, not sure if its suitable for a lightweight, and I think Andrews have one for a lightweight.
Colin
only dead fish go with the flow
tr7dan

REAR CARRIER

Post by tr7dan »

http://www.andrew-engineering.co.uk/ ?

LW0018 Rear carrier for LIGHTWEIGHT ONLY - Black finish EACH 84.60 price includes vat but p&p extra

Dan
Ian5913

REAR CARRIER

Post by Ian5913 »

Watch out for a craven one at jumbles. they are normally pretty cheap and an easy refurbishment.
BigAl350

REAR CARRIER

Post by BigAl350 »

I have the horribly-expensive one from Andrews (a birthday present from my wife 2 years ago) and it is well-made and a fairly-accurate fit. It's lasted very well indeed (no rust) and supports the world's largest Craven topbox very well.

Beware though of putting too much weight on the rack or in a top-box - it really does the handling in!

BigAl
Al Bolton, G4VSQ
1960 Matchless G5 (Off the road for now, maybe for sale?)
1960 AJS Model 8 (Just passed MoT)
1962 AJS Model 8 (Still lurking in a Devon shed in bits)
tr7dan

REAR CARRIER

Post by tr7dan »

quote:
I have the horribly-expensive one from Andrews (a birthday present from my wife 2 years ago) and it is well-made and a fairly-accurate fit. It's lasted very well indeed (no rust) and supports the world's largest Craven topbox very well.

Beware though of putting too much weight on the rack or in a top-box - it really does the handling in!

BigAl

Oh Al..... you wasted your money there - you should've bought a cheap Chinese one.... that didn't fit very well, went rusty and broke when you put your top box on it - will you never learn ?

Dan

PS (jus' kiddin')
BigAl350

REAR CARRIER

Post by BigAl350 »

I didn't waste any money on it - my wife bought it!!!!

quote:
quote:

BigAl

Oh Al..... you wasted your money there - you should've bought a cheap Chinese one.... that didn't fit very well, went rusty and broke when you put your top box on it - will you never learn ?

Dan

PS (jus' kiddin')
Al Bolton, G4VSQ
1960 Matchless G5 (Off the road for now, maybe for sale?)
1960 AJS Model 8 (Just passed MoT)
1962 AJS Model 8 (Still lurking in a Devon shed in bits)