G9 first restoration

Information relating to the Matchless G9 or AJS Model 20 500cc twin
adz25

G9 first restoration

Post by adz25 »

Hi,

I have recently purchased a 1955 G9 for a full restoration, its in a bit of a state, but im not one to shy away from a challenge

I would like some advice before i get too far into it about registering for a logbook, it has been age verified with a certificate from your site, i have a reciept for purchase, and the gentleman i purchased it from in turn has a reciept for the bike that he originally purchased in 2008 as a project from a dealer. It has no other paperwork with it. The engine number and Frame number are correct and matching.

What i would like to know is, where abouts do i start in terms of getting it registered in my name. I believe it was an import many years ago, but i dont believe it has been registered in the uk thus far.

Thanks for looking!!

Adam
Eamonn
Webmaster

G9 first restoration

Post by Eamonn »

Doesn't the information under the Club menu heading - Machine dating give you the info you need?

It sounds like you have all the documentation required...

Perhaps an email to the clubs Dating Officer would be best - dating@jampot.com
Corners like a Lego man
Rob Harknett

G9 first restoration

Post by Rob Harknett »

As Eamonn states, contact the clubs dating officer, its not a problem getting the machine resistered, you will get an age related number as you have no proof required, of an original GB reg no. for the bike. Its all straight forward, so get back in the shed with no worries.
adz25

G9 first restoration

Post by adz25 »

Cheers guys,

Spoke to Roy earlier today and im heading back to the shed, plenty of work to be getting on with!!

Will be on here asking for advice as this is my first!

Cheers!