dealer information.

Information relating to the Matchless G80 or AJS Model 18 500cc Heavyweight.
Tony W

dealer information.

Post by Tony W »

Hello. This is the first time I have used the forum so please make allowences!!. Can anybody help me with some information,just about to start a full restoration on my 1955AJS16MS. It has a Bournemouth reg number, on the rear mudgard is a dealers name plate with the name of Bob Foster & Thomas Blandford Dorset.Then I read in julys the classic m/c a write up about Bob Foster that states his address as 472/4 Ashley rd Parkstone Dorset agents for bsa,r enfield,triumph and side cars no mention of amc bikes. Maybe my bike was sold s/h by them. Is it the same B Foster or were there two dealers with the same name!!. I hope this makes sence

dealer information.

Post by 1608 »

So you don't think you are being ignored I'll offer the following. However, I know for a fact that somebody else will know the answer for you.I'm having a guess here, Foster may have taken the AJS in as P/E, but I'm a little surprised that he put his plate on it. Good luck with the restoration.
itma

dealer information.

Post by itma »

He may also have held an agency for AJS at the other address, Bournemouth was a big enough place back then to support two shops,equally it was a common enough practice in those days to put a dealer tab on a nearly new part exchange.

why are you called Dianne, Willy???
Tony W

dealer information.

Post by Tony W »

Tony W

dealer information.

Post by Tony W »

Tony W

dealer information.

Post by Tony W »

why am I called Dianne because at week ends I`m called Mandy ONLY JOKING.Thats my wife`s name at the time I thought it a good name to use for logging on (can I do you nowTommy)!!

dealer information.

Post by 1608 »

Blimey! If I'd known you was a bloke I would'nt have been so helpful.
Tony W

dealer information.

Post by Tony W »

Hey 1608 I think I had better change my user name before everybody has a go at me any idea`s
Rob Harknett

dealer information.

Post by Rob Harknett »

Well, theres more than one Tesco in almost every town, so why not a company in 1955 to have at least 2 branches.?? Are you 100% sure the number is Bornemouth, and 100% sure it is the original reg. no. Was the number first issed by Bornemouth, or was it first issed by Dorset, and now with Bornemouth. Would you like the reg. no. double checked with period literature. Please state complete number.
itma

dealer information.

Post by itma »

stick with Mandy,