G80CS Frame Geometry

Information relating to the Matchless G80 or AJS Model 18 500cc Heavyweight.
SharkfacePilot

G80CS Frame Geometry

Post by SharkfacePilot »

I have a frame which is/was a '55 G9 and I have always intended to build it up as a G80CS (I've been 'thinking' about it for knocking on 30 years!). It will be a bit of a bitsa, but I have an alloy engine and I'll probably use an AMC box I have as it's a lot less ponderous than a Burman.

The front frame is the same for all models that year, other than the 16C. My question is regarding the rear subframe which has a different part number for the -CS. Is it different geometry - and if so how much and where, or is it just details like lugs and tool box mountings etc?

Is this information listed anywhere or is it a specific request to some knowledgable individual.

Thanks
Richard
He who dies with most toys, wins
Eamonn
Webmaster

G80CS Frame Geometry

Post by Eamonn »

Richard, join the club and you will then have access to our Helpliner. The Helpliner (Dave) is assisted by a number of people behind the scenes who have access to all the club records including library information, reference manuals, factory drawings and more importantly people who have actual experience of the bikes!

There's a lot of original (factory) information available through the clubs' channels...
Corners like a Lego man