Remembrance Sunday

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
SPRIDDLER

Remembrance Sunday

Post by SPRIDDLER »

quote:
Are the motorists always that obliging in letting motorcyclists in front (as you neared the museum)?
Down here, they would bunch up so close when they saw you coming along, just to squeeze you out.
Keep the videos coming.
Paul

Strange you should mention that Paul.
My younger son and his Aussie girlfriend have recently been out to her folks' farm near Perth helping with the 'Roo shearing. He specifically commented on how selfish/aggressive virtually all of the car drivers were in not letting other vehicles filter at T junctions and from side roads. He said they don't seem to give a XXXX for other drivers.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
paul knapp

Remembrance Sunday

Post by paul knapp »

Well sprid, thats about the size of it! There are plenty of 'two finger salutes' given free of charge as well.
Bashings, stabbings and deliberate vehicle damage have been reported in the papers, this year, along with photos of drivers slugging it out on a medium strips.
Road rage is 'waiting' at every intersection.

Oh, and did your Son wear a 'bobbin' cork hat'?

Paul

___“As a hobby for the technically minded, motorcycling provides great scope.”

J.B.Nicholson

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!

bjork

Remembrance Sunday

Post by bjork »

I've just seen in the latest Jampot the mention of our Remembrance Sunday Run, which takes place on the 14th November-NOT THE WEEK BEFORE! as we somehow mistakenly announced previously.
Anyone is welcome to join us at the start-09.30hrs at the service area on junction 22 of the M1/A50/A511 in North West Leicestershire.
It's a gentle trundle through Charnwood Forest and the Wreake Valley, to the village of Thrussington where we join in with the outdoor service on the village green. The adjacent pub opens early for us afterwards, and does simple lunches or Sunday roasts too.
Like I said, all welcome, but it might be useful if you drop me a PM if you haven't been before so I can warn the pub if we get a big turn out.

Steve Brown
Using yesterdays technology to create tomorrows problems today