G80cs short stroke conrod

Information relating to the Matchless G80 or AJS Model 18 500cc Heavyweight.
john keay

Post by john keay »

I have a G80cs up and running using a standard 500 long stroke conrod with spacers under the barrel. I am asking can anyone help with detail drawings of the short stroke conrod? With a set of drawings and details.I can have an engineer friend with CNC manufacture them. Maybe there are other people with the same need. If there is anyone with ideas I would be very grateful. I would like to get my bike as close as possible back to original I am a very new member and amazed at the number of "HELPS" offered by being a member.Thanks.
jjk
Don Madden

Post by Don Madden »

It would be quicker & cheaper to purchase a rod from Carillo in Los Angeles. They make them for singles & twins. Cheers, Don.
john keay

Post by john keay »

jjk
john keay

Post by john keay »

Don thankyou for your prompt reply. I had heard there was some place in the stats but not the name carillo. I have made contact with Cardello and now await their reply . Regards John Keay
jjk
john keay

Post by john keay »

Following my quest for conrod etc for 56 g80cs.. I had help from Don Madden ,John Jarret and Des Laner with the result I can now SUPPLY for 1956 to 62 g80cs and 18cs the following. High Tensile Steel set Flywheels to AMC factory drawings. Exact replica High Tensile Steel Short Stroke Conrods and improved replica of the timing side 12 ROLLER BEARING and bronze bush.Flywheel axels and bigend pin and bearing are available from other sources..If interested Email jjkeay@bigpond.com
jjk
wilko

Post by wilko »

Nice. If only i had the rest of the bike to suit. Interesting about the timing side henstooth roller bearing. Can you send us a pic of it?
john keay

Post by john keay »

jjk
john keay

Post by john keay »

G'day Wilko I am having trouble posting photo to Forum..There should be an article in next Jampot or call at my home Email
jjk