New chaincase!

Information relating to the Matchless G3 or AJS Model 16 350cc Heavyweight
Jai

New chaincase!

Post by Jai »

Can anyone tell me where I can get an outer chaincase from, or indeed, is anyone making these anymore?? It needs to fit a short cramk (G3LC)(i.e. no cush drive) model either fibreglass or tin (my last fibreglass one had an argument with a Yorkshire rock!). Needed before I go to the Welsh round of the Sammy Miller championship if possible. Any help gratefully received. Thank you.
TommoT

New chaincase!

Post by TommoT »

I have one on the shelf, only a shallow bulge where the cush drive normally is. But there must be one closer to you, since I am in DK. Have you tried AMC Classis Spares (the Surbey's) or even JSL? Btw I have seen fibre glass replicas being sold on eBay, but I don't know who makes them?Edited by - TommoT on 28 Jul 2010 09:23:06 AM
TommoT

Ride Your Motorcycle As If Your Life Depended On It - Cos' It Does!
Jai

New chaincase!

Post by Jai »

Hi Thommo, thanks for getting in touch. The Surbeys are away at present and I have tried all the usual including the AMOC spares scheme, russel motors etc. I have a promising lead in the country but if it doesn't work out I'll give you a call with a view to purchasing yours. I'll let you know how I get on. Thanks again for answering the topic. regards, John