Best Carb

Information relating to the Matchless G80 or AJS Model 18 500cc Heavyweight.
Trefor

Best Carb

Post by Trefor »

Peter, I actually went to the shed and measured the filter, it is only 30mm thick, sorry to mis-lead you. I rang the dealer I bought it from he said it is a K&N filter- pancake used on Triumph twins fitted with Mikuni carbs he didn't know the part number. I can't find it on the K&N web site-30 thick, off-set, 50mm approx flange metal back? Cheers Trevor
orbinrangle

Best Carb

Post by orbinrangle »

Peter, new monobloc still working fine. No issues or adjustments have been required in the 2000 miles since I fitted it.
R J Rawle
orbinrangle

Best Carb

Post by orbinrangle »

Can't recall the settings, by the way. But I do know they're as the appropriate manual states and the numbers were confirmed by the carb vendor.
R J Rawle
Peter Lecompte

Re: Best Carb

Post by Peter Lecompte »

Hi, I Just tried fitting my new AMAL monobloc 389 to the 1950 G80 motor and found that it clashes with the magneto (rear mounted on the 1950 ML G80). This must be a problem that has occurred to others doing the same sort of thing? The reason i wanted to use a monobloc was so that I could use a pancake air filter - which I have also ready to go. Has anyone modified the carby mounting studs and used a longer insualted spacer? Cheers Peter