Sunday riding

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
pkr87

Sunday riding

Post by pkr87 »

Yesterday I took my 16M on a Vintage Motorcycle Club organised ride.Riding along a sunny Romney Marsh lane,with "her indoors"clinging on behind me and the old engine singing along,suddenly made me realise why I am happy to spend all that time and money doing up these "old bangers".One of our bikes is worth a dozen Yamonsuzies.Then to cap it all when we got back to the finish I found that we had won a"cup",What a day?And all because I bought an old AJS, all those years ago,instead of a modern bike.Good decision that.Paul
itma

Sunday riding

Post by itma »

nicely put,
rex.webb

Sunday riding

Post by rex.webb »

I hope to feel the same 0n 11th -12th July as i join in an Old bike Rally in France.there is no better feeling than riding in the countryside on an older bike.
Ride with Care and Live Long
r w webb
orbinrangle

Sunday riding

Post by orbinrangle »

I spend a lot more time on my 18S than I do on my Suzuki GT750A, so much so that I'm selling it. To buy another AJS/Matchless.
Anybody want a kettle?
R J Rawle
robf1961

Sunday riding

Post by robf1961 »

spot on.

until last 2 weeks when I went to Flanders (because I had Kay on the back, and a ton of camping gear) I'd put more miles on the G9 in recent months than the Hinckley Thunderbird.
Being near to Peak District I usually do a circuit round Bakewell, Matlock etc & there is an indescribeable pleasure and satisfaction to nip past a few cars on an old Brit than on a modern plastic rocket.
The peak roads are ideal for this as most main routes only have a 50 limit and queues of slower moving cars so you don't need to be a speed merchant to manage it.
Only one question......why restrict yourself to just sundays riding!
Janet

Sunday riding

Post by Janet »

I love riding my Hondas.
itma

Sunday riding

Post by itma »

nellie out of favour then?
stevie

Sunday riding

Post by stevie »

Here here! to all that's here!
The best place for an old single is definitely on the country roads! Can't beat it.
However, Rob (robf1961) I have not managed to nip past anything yet
Maybe I need a second Matchless
Cheers
Steve
If a man speaks in the forest and his wife is not there to hear him is he still wrong?
Janet

Sunday riding

Post by Janet »

quote:
nellie out of favour then?
Not at all, she's behind me as I type this, but didn't you know she's been poorly sick for a while, since she wore out a big end bearing riding the Scottish National Rally. She'd done 500 miles when I noticed a slight knocking on full load. It was in the dark of night in the middle of nowhere ( OK, Ayrshire) so I eased off for the last 150 miles and rode her to the finish. Sadly, I haven't fixed her yet. I've got one sprocket that I need to get of so I can remove the crank and I can't shift it. The correct puller doesn't fit so I think the sprocket must have been a replacement at some time. You can't get behind it like most, so the puller is supposed to slide into a groove but is too big. The sprocket fits in the case with three protrusions around it, making access difficult so an alternative puller must be found. I've been recomended a small local engineering firm who may be able to help, so I'm not beaten yet.

Anyway, my Hondas have been regulars at Jampots over the years. The CJ250T was even at Dove Holes, much to the relief of a rider who ran out of petrol out on one of the runs. Pause for all those who were there to nod slightly as they remember the experience of that rally.
rex.webb

Sunday riding

Post by rex.webb »

You mean the "WONDERFULL" RAIN!!
Yes "i remember it well",could make a good song?.
Will the other half be at the Kettering Rally ?.
Hope to see you at Kimbolton Jampot.
Ride with Care and Live Long
r w webb