Idle thoughts

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Mallet

Idle thoughts

Post by Mallet »

I dont ride my lovely Thumper,i just sit on her & twiddle the throttle,she does the rest!

Wahey!Edited by - brianboro88 on 07 Apr 2009 10:42:07 AM
Born Hampshire, Ride Hampshire!
deshollier
Deceased

Idle thoughts

Post by deshollier »

If you are new to riding and would like to know how to handle a bike correctly or are like the vast majority of riders who never actually had any training, but would like to know that little bit of extra knowledge that will keep them out of a hedge one day or enable the to make best use of any bend or corner, and lots of other good stuff, then take a look at this Dutch site, www.lazymotorbike.eu and go to the four sections under Basics. Is also selectable to English, but don't forget the photos STAY on the right hand side of the road! Repeat after me; it is not sissy to know why what you do - works! For the younger ones; Right on! It is 'Cool' to know the vibes, Man! Edited by - deshollier on 07 Apr 2009 8:35:25 PM
itma

Idle thoughts

Post by itma »

The danger of thinking about things too much is that you start to worry about the things you are thinking about.
Too much thinking overheats the brain.
I like to ride a bike and overheat my brain thinking about Jampot covers and stocking tops.
Maybe Greg should try a cup of cocoa and a mogadon last thing?
Rick.Edwards
Deceased

Idle thoughts

Post by Rick.Edwards »

I like the idea of thinking about what other people think of when they are out riding bikes.
The piston ring King
nrbgarda

Idle thoughts

Post by nrbgarda »

Isn't biking more emotional than intellectual
Naozar R. Garda, Bangalore, India.
Rick.Edwards
Deceased

Idle thoughts

Post by Rick.Edwards »

yes lets all get our David Hume heads on when we are out riding our bikes.
The piston ring King
SPRIDDLER

Idle thoughts

Post by SPRIDDLER »

quote:
I like the idea of thinking about what other people think of when they are out riding bikes.

The vicar's address at the funeral of one of our much missed section members last year:

"On one occasion when I met him in the village I mentioned that I hadn't see him in church. He replied: 'Well, vicar, I'd rather be riding my bike wishing I was in church than in church wishing I was riding my bike'.

R.I.P. Ron.

'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
poplargreg

Idle thoughts

Post by poplargreg »

quote:

Maybe Greg should try a cup of cocoa and a mogadon last thing?

You may well be right Ken. I devised my patent sealed filler cap to prevent wet sumping during the night. The resultig discussion was indirectly responsible for one contributor having a hissy fit and departing, never to be heard from again. Maybe I should learn a lesson from all this.

On second thoughts, wet sumping during the night is probably a common complaint.Edited by - poplargreg on 08 Apr 2009 9:05:49 PM
Mallet

Idle thoughts

Post by Mallet »

I dont think much when i'm riding,i just listen to my bikes growling or roaring away & reading the road.
It's a philosophy my beloved Old Man(wartime Matchless rider)taught me from my very beginings of riding.
"read the road son,if you read it right,it'll tell you where you need to go & how to do it"

Wahey!Edited by - brianboro88 on 09 Apr 2009 10:44:12 AM
Born Hampshire, Ride Hampshire!
Rick.Edwards
Deceased

Idle thoughts

Post by Rick.Edwards »

trouble is Tarquin, Apple and Summers parents are not reading the road there reading text messages........oooooofyah.
The piston ring King