Model 20 travels.

Post by Merlin »

electric starters do not figure on any of them

Yet
Chemists do it with test tubes
Brad

Model 20 travels.

Post by Brad »

I must own up to still getting a kick from nipping along a bit sometimes but even then I would still be left in a cloud of dust by the Sunday Boys. The thing is as we all know, you don't have to be going fast to run into bother. A few days ago I was out on my big red highly visible K1100RS and doing about 20 mph when a dear lady in a 406 pulled out in front of me from a side turning and I would swear we made eye contact before she moved.
A collision was avoided because I was awake. I find that helps. Lets hope the sight of me stopping just by her door will teach her a valuable lesson.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is. ;)
Dougie

Model 20 travels.

Post by Dougie »

quote: Lets hope the sight of me stopping just by her door will teach her a valuable lesson.

Good job it wasn't me on the G3; it would be "the sight of her door stopping me!"
Brothers Matt & Neal with joint membership
alanjennings

Model 20 travels.

Post by alanjennings »

There is a deafening silence on how many rides in 09 we will all do? As for electric "boots" read your March mag!! The Vincent club have been down this road and the French section have produced a good electric "boot"-cost about a 1000 pounds-but better than having to give up riding!! As for Morini's, this is not the place to sing their praises-but I'll be at Epsom racecourse early on Sunday for the "Pioneer Run" on me 500 Morini {it's very red,of course} -not on me model 20 as it is not really the tool to travell on the motorway all the way from Daventry-a 280 mile round trip to Brighton and back, enough in one day!!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
itma

Model 20 travels.

Post by itma »

A 1000 pounds !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Barmy.

quote: not on me model 20 as it is not really the tool to travell on the motorway all the way from Daventry-a 280 mile round trip to Brighton and back, enough in one day!!

Nancy!!!
what about 350 miles in one day on a rigid 500 then?
come on man use your real bikeEdited by - itma on 18 Mar 2009 6:38:01 PM
Dougie

Model 20 travels.

Post by Dougie »

quote: the "Pioneer Run" on me 500 Morini

I didn't think it was that old! Are you sure it's on the Pioneer Register?
Brothers Matt & Neal with joint membership
kernow kid

Model 20 travels.

Post by kernow kid »

quote:
A 1000 pounds !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Barmy.

quote: not on me model 20 as it is not really the tool to travell on the motorway all the way from Daventry-a 280 mile round trip to Brighton and back, enough in one day!!

Nancy!!!
what about 350 miles in one day on a rigid 500 then?
come on man use your real bikeEdited by - itma on 18 Mar 2009 6:38:01 PM

'Thats nowt...I used to ride 500 miles on a 350 rigid..with no saddle, work a 27 hour shift, eat granite for lunch... etc.. etc.. etc..
Top tip - if it needs more than 2 bolts to hold it on, its probably important...
itma

Model 20 travels.

Post by itma »

shurely you are at the wrong end of the septic isle for that boast?
kernow kid

Model 20 travels.

Post by kernow kid »

quote:

Do you mean the granite for lunch bit?? Oh dear, oh dear...'Could do better' in geography, was it?? Dartmoor and Bodmin Moor are bladdy great lumps of granite...we've got so much Radon gas floating around from the stuff that my boys go to school looking like that kid from the old Ready Brek advert!
Regards KK
Top tip - if it needs more than 2 bolts to hold it on, its probably important...
Merlin

Model 20 travels.

Post by Merlin »

quote:
quote:

Do you mean the granite for lunch bit?? Oh dear, oh dear...'Could do better' in geography, was it?? Dartmoor and Bodmin Moor are bladdy great lumps of granite...we've got so much Radon gas floating around from the stuff that my boys go to school looking like that kid from the old Ready Brek advert!
Regards KK

Look at the good side at least they will glow in the dark
Chemists do it with test tubes