New road safety measures

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
crawsue

New road safety measures

Post by crawsue »

The hospital doctor who was initially interveiwed on BBC is a daily 'biker,(probably why he was asked)He doesn't wear one and has no statistical evidence to support it either way.This smacks of a manufacturer/importer trying to open up a market on a light news day.Edited by - crawsue on 21 Feb 2009 12:36:46 PM
Hard work never killed anyone.....but why take the risk?
Mallet

New road safety measures

Post by Mallet »

The trouble with bright ideas like this,is that invariably it's about someone trying to sell something & if our dim-witted ignorant MP's get hold of it,they'll try & make it some kind of law(the current majority are nanny-goat control freaks).
Personally,it's my life,my risk,my choice.
A&E Dr's should stick to what they're paid for,in my experience i have at least 1 or 2 near miss's a week with stupid,ignorant or downright dangerous drivers.My view is that a lot of those fatalities are caused by other parties & the odd stupid rider who thinks that speed limits dont apply to bikes.
I came off on an oil spill during heavy rain 10 years ago.I was doing 15 mph & braking for a roundabout.Despite wearing an armoured(kevlar) & padded jacket,i broke my arm in 5 places.
We've had this before,back in the early 90's i think,the then transport minister,Peter Bottomley,tried bringing in padded suits for riders as law.Apparently,he got the idea from the michelin man logo!
This idiot could'nt even ride a bicycle,never mind a motorbike,luckily his proposal was laughed out of cabinet before it even got to Parliament.
I ride because i want to,it's in the blood & my democratic right to take the risk,MP's & so-called "experts" should poke off & get a life!

Wahey!
Born Hampshire, Ride Hampshire!
Rick.Edwards
Deceased

New road safety measures

Post by Rick.Edwards »

Ahhh! music to my ears that post Brian. well done you and Itma should run this country.
The piston ring King