brrrrr....

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
AJS650

brrrrr....

Post by AJS650 »

sorry guys..i got so excited being allowed on here while she isn`t about...
Sometimes,, the shed is locked and Kev has the key :-(
Don Madden

brrrrr....

Post by Don Madden »

I smirk about our mild Southern California weather now, but I was a Cold War Soldier serving in Germany in the early 50s. The first winter, 1951-52, permanent facilities were not available, & we slept in a forest with only light summer sleeping bags under a small piece of canvas as all Winter equipment went to the forces in Korea then.

I wound up in Chicago in the winter of 1961-62, the coldest winter up 'til then, the only time that Lake Michigan froze over. I had only the typical California garb good for 50F, (10C), but the temperatures dropped to -24F, (-31C). Fortunately, I did not have to sleep outside.

Cheers, Don.
AJS650

brrrrr....

Post by AJS650 »

quote:
sorry guys..i got so excited being allowed on here while she isn`t about...

SHE`S BACK..... i don`t know he gets snowed off for one day and gets upto lord knows what..... I will send him tommorrow
Rick.Edwards
Deceased

brrrrr....

Post by Rick.Edwards »

Does Kev live under the stairs and is only allowed out and on the computor when Ann is at work? i sometimes have a strange imagination about how others live.
The piston ring King
AJS650

brrrrr....

Post by AJS650 »

Under the stairs..?..luxury...when i were a lad we lived in a shoebox on a frozen lake..7 of us in a bed..6 bedwetters..me dad would make us work down the mines 26hrs a day and beat us when we got home...etc etc........kev
Rick.Edwards
Deceased

brrrrr....

Post by Rick.Edwards »

Shoebox were it you were lucky!
The piston ring King
kernow kid

brrrrr....

Post by kernow kid »

quote:
It was clear when i looked out the window this morning...by the time i got washed, dressed and breakfasted it was an inch thick....anne went to work, it took an hour for the 17mile journey...i got sent back home....so today...no spelling mistakes.....kevEdited by - AJS650 on 05 Feb 2009 09:13:22 AMEdited by - AJS650 on 05 Feb 2009 3:49:59 PM

Kev, Ive looked over this 4 times...I cant see ANY spelling mistakes...I believe your reputation is upheld!
Regards KK
'O' level English language, Grade A, Launceston College 1987.
Top tip - if it needs more than 2 bolts to hold it on, its probably important...
kernow kid

brrrrr....

Post by kernow kid »

quote:
quote:
It was clear when i looked out the window this morning...by the time i got washed, dressed and breakfasted it was an inch thick....anne went to work, it took an hour for the 17mile journey...i got sent back home....so today...no spelling mistakes.....kevEdited by - AJS650 on 05 Feb 2009 09:13:22 AMEdited by - AJS650 on 05 Feb 2009 3:49:59 PM

Kev, Ive looked over this 4 times...I cant see ANY spelling mistakes...I believe your reputation is upheld!
Regards KK
'O' level English language, Grade A, Launceston College 1987.

Hmmm..but it was edited twice...
Top tip - if it needs more than 2 bolts to hold it on, its probably important...
itma

brrrrr....

Post by itma »

Blooming freezing down here on the edge of Salisbury Plain; went out with the dog and the cows at the end of the lane had frozen hard.Rock solid in fact.
Farmer was there leaning over the gate, "bit of blow that "I asked "no he said getting 'em fixed inna minute"
Just then another land rover pulled up, an old women walked over to each cow in turn and rubbed their noses, bleddy things started moving about as normal.
Old woman got back into the landy and drove off.
"Neat trick" I said, "who was she?"
"Didn't you recognise her" said the farmer,
"that was ..........................................Thora Hird

Anyone else going stir crazy?
Edited by - itma on 08 Feb 2009 4:32:55 PM
AJS650

brrrrr....

Post by AJS650 »

kev let me loose with a rip saw this morning... now i only have half a kitchen!!! it`s` ok but the new one isn`t coming till the 20th.. Blinking freezing out there today..