Jampot magazine

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
kernow kid

Jampot magazine

Post by kernow kid »

quote:
OK thanks for that Tony!
Perhaps the 'Brutypot' was a bit OTT but I can't resist a gag. I meant no offence to any member.
Mr Bruty's original letter was not really the issue here though was it? I was responding to John's post with my own thoughts, as you can see. It is the COVERAGE (sorry for shouting) of the responses which just seemed a little out of proportion to me.
Well done to Jim Gunn, incidentally, for such a concise clarification in the mag.

Knowing Bill as I do, hed chuckle at the Brutypot comment!Theres a few who'd make more issue of the 'Bill Bruty (whoever he is)' remark..hence why I advised you!
I cant comment on the current Jampot contents, as Im working overseas for 7 weeks, and my Pottie is on the kitchen side!
Having sat next to FW in a cafe, I can also confirm that he is quite capable of talking a load of dribble too...if you ask him face to face, hed probably say it is one of his best features..although he may make some terse remark on the difference between dribble and drivel, which hes entitled to do!
Regards KK
Top tip - if it needs more than 2 bolts to hold it on, its probably important...
Youngster

Jampot magazine

Post by Youngster »

So which is it? Dribble or Drivel?

Personally i think its good that we have differing viewpoints on how the club should be run etc. it shows that people care. its when there arent any arguments and differences that we need to worry.

Too many bikes, So little time!!
Flash

Jampot magazine

Post by Flash »

Youngster : Yes it is good toi have different points of view on how the club is run, the trouble is that when there is a meeting etc & things are voted on, unless your there or vote by proxy, I don't believe in moaning about issues that I have not voted on, I am in another club and do attend meetings or send an appoligy if I can't make it, but the majority of people that moan & groan are the ones that never show up for a members meeting. John
Don Madden

Jampot magazine

Post by Don Madden »

I think FW did the Club a service with his comments. They "Kicked Butt" & got some reaction & some letters to the editor. Many, including myself, who have been too quiet expressed support for the Club management.

Cheers, Don.
crawsue

Jampot magazine

Post by crawsue »

And gave Jim Gunn an oportunity to put forward the views of those at the "coal face".
Hard work never killed anyone.....but why take the risk?
Winkie

Jampot magazine

Post by Winkie »

I think that to a large extent Frank was playing the role of 'Devil's Advocate', and he certainly succeeded in challenging the apathy that many of us fall into. I believe that it is healthy for the club that he stirred us all up. Let's have more of this - a good passionate debate is great - shame that our 'illustrious' government can't learn a lesson from this rather than patronising us with meaningless and worn out platitudes!
Charles

Jampot magazine

Post by Charles »

Seems to me that if someone thinks another's contribution to the club magazine is not worthwhile, they are putting themselves forward, volunteering to write articles at at least the frequency of the person they are criticising. Using the space for something better requires someone to provide the copy; look forward to seeing something coming from the southeast extremity of the country.
Janet

Jampot magazine

Post by Janet »

I'd write contributions to the magazine but they'd all be about plucky little LEs, hardy Hondas, or maybe self-dismantling BSAs because that's what I know about. I doubt if many people would want that in Potty, so I try to keep quiet. Like many things in life, there are people who will criticise other people's efforts ( note: I'm not saying that applies to anyone here )but are not be willing to do anything themselves but I do think we should all be permitted to air our views without necessarily having to take up the reins. Some times it's possible to see a fault/failing without knowing how to fix/improve it. Having said that, if the criticism were to become continual griping without any offer of help to change things, I'd agree with Chaarles.

Fortunately I live more towards north-easterly direction so it doesn't apply to me.
clive

Jampot magazine

Post by clive »

Well I for one enjoy Frank's column but totally disagree with his views on the spares scheme. I used to use one local supplier a lot. Cannot be bothered to stand and queue anymore when an online order from JSL gets such a quick resonse and the profit gets ploughed back into the club rather than big shiny cars.
My only criticism is that they seem unable to realise when I order the wrong bolt because I haven't bothered to check the number in the relevant parts list. Surely telepathy should be part of the Job Description.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Janet

Jampot magazine

Post by Janet »

quote: My only criticism is that they seem unable to realise when I order the wrong bolt because I haven't bothered to check the number in the relevant parts list. Surely telepathy should be part of the Job Description.More than that, Clive. They should be clairvoyant and sent the part so it arrives the day you need it.