Jampot magazine

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Flash

Jampot magazine

Post by Flash »

Why Oh Why do we have to have so much dribble in the Jampot by Frank Westworth, he has his own magazine that he can put that rubbish in. Does he contribute anything to the Jampot club financialy apart from being a member,(is he a member?) I cannot remember reading anything from him that is of any use, or benifit to any club member, also if they got rid of this page, perhaps they could use the space on something better

JohnEdited by - Flash on 23 Jan 2009 3:35:13 PMEdited by - Flash on 23 Jan 2009 4:04:05 PM
orbinrangle

Jampot magazine

Post by orbinrangle »

If he is a member that's good enough for a contribution to be printed. But either way if more of us made an effort to contribute we'd have more to read. I'm sure we all have stories worth telling and as I have not bothered so far I shall not knock somebody who has.
R J Rawle
stevie

Jampot magazine

Post by stevie »

Mmmm.
I must confess I felt that Mr Westworth's (I assume that's who you mean?) column and his comments in the letters section about JSL and KCL seem at loggerheads with each other. They stand out, though, I think, because of the wider issue. I feel the whole contention that was raised (on this occasion) by Bill Bruty (whoever he is) has received an unhealthy amount of coverage by the magazine - it's referred to on at least four pages. I actually did not not enjoy reading Jampot (Brutypot?) this month, so I agree with you in part at least.
It's true that we should all speak our minds if we have concerns but one man's opinion has apparently been given a place of some dignity that I am not, personally, sure it should have. And Mr Westworth's letter seems a little disloyal if I read it right.
As for the 'dribble' as you call it I have learned from reading his article that Mr Westworth does not seem satisfied with his bikes (he can't even remember how many..) so why expect satisfaction with the spares dept either? Of course, I didn't need to learn that, really, it won't help me keep the oil in my G3L
I have met and dealt with both Tony and Steven Surbey at AMC (I'm privileged that they are only a few miles away!) and they have been very helpful and I shall visit them, I'm sure, many more times. I am also very confident in JSL, from my limited dealings with them, and we are in a healthy position to have both available to cater for the marque. Why cause trouble?
By the way, I do have respect for writers and contributors to the magazine in general, and I have enjoyed every other edition so far.
Regards
Steve
If a man speaks in the forest and his wife is not there to hear him is he still wrong?
kernow kid

Jampot magazine

Post by kernow kid »

Orbinrangle has it spot on...Frank used to edit the Jampot for many years and was persuaded, alledgedly by popular demand! to submit a monthly article again, recently.
Im sure CR would be very happy to consider a regular, relevant, accurate, politically and legally safe contribution from any of us!
The recent issue of Jampot where CR only had 1 letter to print for that whole month is a good case in point.
I look forward to my issue of Jampot that includes a new column 'Flash Back'.....
Regards KK
Top tip - if it needs more than 2 bolts to hold it on, its probably important...
stevie

Jampot magazine

Post by stevie »

If a man speaks in the forest and his wife is not there to hear him is he still wrong?
kernow kid

Jampot magazine

Post by kernow kid »

quote:
Mmmm.
I must confess I felt that Mr Westworth's (I assume that's who you mean?) column and his comments in the letters section about JSL and KCL seem at loggerheads with each other. They stand out, though, I think, because of the wider issue. I feel the whole contention that was raised (on this occasion) by Bill Bruty (whoever he is) has received an unhealthy amount of coverage by the magazine - it's referred to on at least four pages. I actually did not not enjoy reading Jampot (Brutypot?) this month, so I agree with you in part at least.
It's true that we should all speak our minds if we have concerns but one man's opinion has apparently been given a place of some dignity that I am not, personally, sure it should have. And Mr Westworth's letter seems a little disloyal if I read it right.
As for the 'dribble' as you call it I have learned from reading his article that Mr Westworth does not seem satisfied with his bikes (he can't even remember how many..) so why expect satisfaction with the spares dept either? Of course, I didn't need to learn that, really, it won't help me keep the oil in my G3L
I have met and dealt with both Tony and Steven Surbey at AMC (I'm privileged that they are only a few miles away!) and they have been very helpful and I shall visit them, I'm sure, many more times. I am also very confident in JSL, from my limited dealings with them, and we are in a healthy position to have both available to cater for the marque. Why cause trouble?
By the way, I do have respect for writers and contributors to the magazine in general, and I have enjoyed every other edition so far.
Regards
Steve

Steve, just so you know, Bill Bruty, along with his wife, is a FOUNDER MEMBER of the AJS & Matchless Owners Club...through good times and very lean times for the club, they have both flown the AMC flag. If Bill doesnt deserve some space in the Jampot and time to listen to his views, then I dont know who does...
Regards KK
Top tip - if it needs more than 2 bolts to hold it on, its probably important...
stevie

Jampot magazine

Post by stevie »

OK thanks for that Tony!
Perhaps the 'Brutypot' was a bit OTT but I can't resist a gag. I meant no offence to any member.
Mr Bruty's original letter was not really the issue here though was it? I was responding to John's post with my own thoughts, as you can see. It is the COVERAGE (sorry for shouting) of the responses which just seemed a little out of proportion to me.
Well done to Jim Gunn, incidentally, for such a concise clarification in the mag.
Flash

Jampot magazine

Post by Flash »

Stevie& KK, I know what you mean and appreciate your fews, sorry I was unaware the FW actually edited the Jampot for a while, but now he produces his own mag and profits from it, has his own web site which he expects people to contribute to it, (financialy).
Sorry but I still feel he writes a load of dribble.
Jampot spares is one of the best things we have in the club & Jim does a great job in it, he also knows quite a lot, as you will find out if you talk with him.

John
Flash

Jampot magazine

Post by Flash »

OOps sorry that should have read views

John
crawsue

Jampot magazine

Post by crawsue »

We gave this subject a fairly good "kickin" a week or so ago,I feel that any member should have the resource to put a point of view,pro or con the status quo of the "club".I will reiterate,though ,that I felt that at the time of the introduction of "Kettering Classics" there was a fairly vociforous group who were not in favour of the club being involved in 'bike sales.I asumed at the time that they had connections to the trade.....perhaps wrongly. I for one,normally enjoy FW's column,although of late I feel he has struggled for a stotyline.Given his involvement in the media and obvious regard for all things AMC,I was disappointed in the stance he took in his letter (as opposed to his column),I will agree,though,that Jim Gunn answered his critics admirably.
Hard work never killed anyone.....but why take the risk?