Matchless search

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Don Madden

Matchless search

Post by Don Madden »

I see real ones now & then here in California. They did have spool hubs with no front brake, GP carb & 12:1 pistons. The pictured one may be a home-brew or a genuine with changed wheels & Mikuni carb to make it suitable for street.

I had a chance to pick one up very cheap a few years ago. The owner thought it was a "bitsa", & accepted my offer. But when I, (foolishly), identified it a genuine G80R/R, he refused to sell. I got my revenge by outliving him.

Cheers, Don. Edited by - Don Madden on 20 Jan 2009 7:44:47 PM
wilko

Matchless search

Post by wilko »

You guys aren't very observant! One of those flashes up on this homesite every time i log on?? A red one!
wilko

Matchless search

Post by wilko »

It's on page 11 in the competition photo's.
Samuel

Matchless search

Post by Samuel »

I can see it when I go to page 11 of competition photo section, but how does it Flash Up every time you log on ?
Sam
kernow kid

Matchless search

Post by kernow kid »

quote:
I can see it when I go to page 11 of competition photo section, but how does it Flash Up every time you log on ?

Its hiding on the home page, covered in a dark raincoat...when you least expect it, as you saunter across the page...it rears up and exposes itself to you.....then you have been well and truly 'Flashed Up'....

Sorry..its been a long day.....
KK
Top tip - if it needs more than 2 bolts to hold it on, its probably important...