TT Camping

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Stan Palmer

TT Camping

Post by Stan Palmer »

Perhaps rashly I have agreed to go to the TT this year with my three lads. The car ferry was fully booked so we are on foot at the Quarter Bridge Camp site (IOM Rugby Football ground). I would like to ask if anybody has experience of that, i.e. the site facilities and distance to places for eating etc. as we don't want to get involved in any cooking. The website says Douglas is only ten minutes away and there are ample buses. Any advice would be welcomed. We need to park the car safely in Liverpool for the week, there is a place advertised on the net but again any advice welcomed. I am already ignoring the scurrilous comments of a colleague who says you have to get through the town at over 30mph or they will have your hubcaps. I know that nice Paul Mcartney wouldn't do that ! !
thomthom

TT Camping

Post by thomthom »

Stan,
I haven't looked on the ferry web site but I am realy surprised that you can only get a footy crossing. Have you rung them up to be sure that they don't have some space. Look at other routes as well.

As far as parking in Liverpool, it was the city of culture last year.

So these days, when they nick your wheels they put the car on books.
Stan Palmer

TT Camping

Post by Stan Palmer »

ThomThom, thanks for that, we didn't call them, only checked the days we wanted to travel. The first available was two days before (Wednesday) and a day after (Sunday late)meaning three extra days on teh holiday. But I will call as their may be some not shown on their site or cancellations. Do they prop the car with good books ? We need something to read on the way back !
Dougie

TT Camping

Post by Dougie »

Re parking in Liverpool. We parked a brand new Chrysler Grand Voyager for a week in Liverpool, right opposite the new Conference/Convention Centre at Albert dock. This was in a brand new multi-storey car park. The "scallies" didn't touch it and so all the wheels were still on it at the end of the week!

Sir Paul McCartney won't help you, he lives on his millionnaire's estate in Sussex!
Brothers Matt & Neal with joint membership