deshollier
Deceased

Something completely different....!

Post by deshollier »

It would have to - in my garden!
chris kelly

Post by chris kelly »

Well , I don't know. He was a pretty smart cat. Survived till 23 years of age. Mainly went out at night and being black it would be hard to see him. Never backed down when meeting fellow moggies.

One night, 2 am, when my young single neighbour, Peter's burglar alarm was ringing out, in England this was , I phoned his Dad , who phoned the police and said he would come over with the key . Anyway, feeling brave I said to my wife, ''I will go and have a look'' Of course , my cat came too. When the Police woman arrived in the garden with a police dog. My cat, Tyko, a Swedish Viking name, decided to leg it !

When Peter's Dad arrived with the key we let ourselves in. Up the stairs we went. Dog first. policewoman, Peter's Father, then me. We found Peter , having drunk too much, flaked out on his bed...having come home apparently, in capable of remembering his alarm code and had tried to ''crawl under the alarm beam ''

Chris.
'My cat can beat up your cat!'
itma

Post by itma »

My ancient old feral cat subject of some mirth lately had to be buried last friday.
Old age won.
hell off a job to strangle it, so I took it to the vet and he wanted to charge me 23 quid to finish it off, sod that, so I just banged its head on the counter.
same result.
Who need a vet anyway?
Merlin

Post by Merlin »

Oi,
My daughter is about to qualify as a Vet after 5 years hope she will now keep me (some hope)
Chemists do it with test tubes
orbinrangle

Post by orbinrangle »

Took a neighbour's advice and buried a partially inflated balloon in my flower bed, then waited for the ba***rd cat that's been using it as a toilet to come along for his usual dump. Funniest thing I've seen for a long time, nearly fell off the chair laughing.
R J Rawle
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

I don't believe you-Itma-but I keep a powerful water pistol at hand to ward off the 100 or so cats that think my garden is their personal toilet and where they can kill all the birds I help feed!! Anyway-A Happy Christmas -especially to all those of a curmudgeonly nature-you know who you are!!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
Stan Palmer

Post by Stan Palmer »

Our problem is rats where we feed the birds. We would welcome a nice predatory cat, but there are very few cats in the immediate area due to a nasty dip on the A25 , they don't see a car coming until too late. We have had 'experts' in and also caught a few with humane traps, but the respite is short. We stopped feeding for three weeks, they disappeared but were back in half a day when food went out again. Now we feed the birds in a field oposite but see the little sods there all the time. Short of a Kalashnikov, anybody got any ideas of how to get rid of them ?

And a very Happy Christmas to all !
Merlin

Post by Merlin »

quote:
I don't believe you-Itma-but I keep a powerful water pistol at hand to ward off the 100 or so cats that think my garden is their personal toilet and where they can kill all the birds I help feed!! Anyway-A Happy Christmas -especially to all those of a curmudgeonly nature-you know who you are!!

Name and shame that's what I say.
Hope you all have a good time and let's hope 2009 will not be as bad as we are being lead to believe.
Chemists do it with test tubes