two stroke oil

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Merlin

two stroke oil

Post by Merlin »

Thanks Mike look forward with interest in their advise.
Chemists do it with test tubes
pto

two stroke oil

Post by pto »

Pre-Mix 2stroke, thats brought back memories of a Cotton Telstar with a Starmaker engine I raced in the 60s and 70s. That ran on 16 to 1, half a pint of castrol R to every gallon. I remember trying Bell Ray oil that would run on about 32 to 1, ran very rich, had to lower the main jet size from 520 to about 480. The lads who were racing TZ Yamahas had the same problem of running rich with standard jets, however I dont think you will have any problems at 25 to 1 using a modern pre-mix oil
crawsue

two stroke oil

Post by crawsue »

I run 25ml per litre in an old Cagiva SXT (125air-cooled) and a Honda MTX (125water cooled)our local car spares supermarket does it for £3.99 per litre..brand name "Carlube"(sic).I had both engines apart in the summer after 2 pretty busy winters riding,and they both appeared to be fine.I think that air-cooled motors are far less likely to need the expensive stuff than the modern high revving water cooled stuff.
Hard work never killed anyone.....but why take the risk?
MikeM.

two stroke oil

Post by MikeM. »

Hallo Stuart,
Sorry not to have got back to you sooner regarding the two stroke oil and mix recommended by Villiers Services. My computer crashed big time and I have just got it back.
Villiers recommend Morris's Plus 2 at the following ratios:
Running in 20/1 for first tankfull, for the next tankfull 30/1. Normal use 35/1.
I have yet to rebuild my Greeves, but will need to try to get paint mixed to match existing colour.
Hope this is of use.
MikeM.
Merlin

two stroke oil

Post by Merlin »

Cheers Mike will try that when the engine is as it should be (In one piece).
Chemists do it with test tubes