AJS and Matchless Show ~ save money, spread the wo

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
lawrence

Post by lawrence »

There is an advert in the October Jampot magazine for the Classic Motor Show at the NEC on 14th to 16th November this year which may interest members.

There is now a section of this show devoted to classic bikes. This is an up and coming show so naturally AMOC is there flying the flag as are many other bike clubs. We will, for the last time, be showing this year’s raffle bike, as featured in the current Classic Bike Guide magazine. The draw for the bike will be made on the last day of the show. If you have won it, they might let you ride it home!

It is a great show with loads to interest classic gentleman and lady motorcyclists like ourselves. You can also save yourself some money and into the bargain help the club funds too.

By pre-booking or attending early you can save yourself up to £15.00. If you then hand the ticket stub in at the AMOC stand the club earns £1.00 too. This promotion could be a major benefit to the club and this will be passed on to the members in one way or another. Full details of tickets and how to obtain them are in the advert.

Please spread the word to everyone you know so the club gets maximum benefit from this offer.

If you go, don’t forget to buy some more of our raffle tickets while you are there and, if you win the bike, I want a pillion ride!

Good luck!

Lawrence

Ticket hotline 0870 060 3776
www.necclassicmotorshow.com
Club advance offer;
Adults £12.00 quote code SACLUB
Family £30.00 quote code FSCLUB
Offer ends November 15th

Don Madden

Post by Don Madden »

Too far for me to ride but there was a small show in Southern California last Saturday.

I worked all day Friday to complete the restoration on a friend's 1957 G80CS. Fortunately running was not required as some tweaks are still needed to the engine.

Alls well that ends well--The bike won the "Best Vintage British" award.

Cheers, Don.
crawsue

Post by crawsue »

Any pictures,Don? Preferably showing off the winner being presented with his trophy by a leggy lovely ...in the sunshine!
Hard work never killed anyone.....but why take the risk?
fishsponge

Post by fishsponge »

oh bugger... i've just bought two tickets, and having received the "print your tickets at home" email and order confirmation, i've noticed the discount codes above!

I suppose it's only £6 down the drain, but still rather annoying!

Oh well... Sarah and I will be there on the Saturday! (by car though, i'm afraid - a little too far to ride for us!)

I hope i can still bring the ticket "stub" to the AMOC stand... although there won't be a stub as such, as i'll be printing the tickets off at home! We'll see how that goes on the day..
><> fishsponge <><

Take a look at my 1966 Matchless G3! :-)
fishsponge

Post by fishsponge »

and problem solved! I phoned "See Tickets" who kindly cancelled my two existing tickets and booked two new ones at the discounted rates - Thank you to See Tickets!
><> fishsponge <><

Don Madden

Post by Don Madden »

The owner took pics of the winning bike but I don't have the files yet. It is a great feeling.
Cheers, Don.
fishsponge

Post by fishsponge »

well, what a great day!

Photos of today at the Classic Motor Show can be found here.

You'll notice that with 1,000 cars, and perhaps only 200 bikes on display, i managed to photograph mostly bikes... perhaps that's where my interest really is
><> fishsponge <><

kernow kid

Post by kernow kid »

Me and pops did our bit...2 stubs handed in and the winning raffle ticket bought by me! ( and 2 calendars..which are excellent!)
Top marks and very well done to all involved with setting up and manning the club stand..as professional as ever. Just a shame we had to trawl through all them old cars to get to it..
Top tip - if it needs more than 2 bolts to hold it on, its probably important...
AJS650

Post by AJS650 »

quote:
Me and pops did our bit...2 stubs handed in and the winning raffle ticket bought by me! ( and 2 calendars..which are excellent!)

October is stuuuupenndos......
Sometimes,, the shed is locked and Kev has the key :-(
Merlin

Post by Merlin »

If you are Miss October AJ I will buy today
Chemists do it with test tubes