Rear wheel bearing thoughts - where's the flaw?

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Biscuit
Deceased

Post by Biscuit »

Let us not forget others who have placed information on this topic, both in the Jampot and on this site.

Thanks need to go to Bill Hawkins and Joe Lukes of the Kent Section who provided most of the bits and to Rick Edwards for offering a rummage in his scrap box.

And if there are any more compliments, one of you buggers will buy me a new helmet.

bjork

Post by bjork »

Just seen the sectioned hub picture, blimey! you weren't hanging about either were you? Question posted a few days ago, donor bits sourced and collected, etc? That only leaves a few minutes in the workshop doesn't it?

Seriously, considering the saving in frustration and damaged bikes-let alone safety benefits for riders, I propose that Mr Biscuit be awarded the drinks of his choice at all future events he attends by the other grateful members.

Nice one Alan, thanks
Using yesterdays technology to create tomorrows problems today
crawsue

Post by crawsue »

Perhaps Eamonn could find a way of including this great project with Wayne Woodruffs peice in "Tech. Articles" to provide the seminal article on hub re-assembly? Rarely can any aspect of AMC maintenance have caused such widespread angst!
Hard work never killed anyone.....but why take the risk?
Biscuit
Deceased

Post by Biscuit »

The project was well under way when I posted the question. Part way through I realised that treating the offside the same as the nearside, could eliminate the seal anomaly. However, the mods necessary I feel render it non-viable, not to mention the confusion that would be caused.

Adding to the assembly photo's would be a good idea, the project was always intended to complement rather than replace other efforts.

lawrence

Post by lawrence »

quote:
I propose that Mr Biscuit be awarded the drinks of his choice at all future events he attends

Let me be the first to offer (knowing that Alan only drinks water )