ajs 14csr down pipe

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
Egor Rider

ajs 14csr down pipe

Post by Egor Rider »

Hi All. Whilst fitting new piston rings ,I have noticed that the exhaust down pipe has a blanking plate welded across the silencer end and a series of small holes (three rows of about eight) driled into the sides. Obviously these can not be seen when the silencer is fitted. But I was woundering if this was normal as it looks like it would strangle the engine. P.S evry thing looks origina as all is coverd in chrome.
Biscuit
Deceased

ajs 14csr down pipe

Post by Biscuit »

I believe that is how they were originally, have a look in the spares list.

Made one of my inevitable fopars, there are no pictures in the lightweight spare list. The holes do exist in the heavyweights however, and it would seem logical to assume the lightweights were the same.Edited by - Biscuit on 19 Feb 2008 8:25:53 PM

Circlip

ajs 14csr down pipe

Post by Circlip »

I built mine up from a basket case so I never saw original stuff . However I do not have restrictions on the exhaust, in any part of it. Its a bit cracky but pulls well.

Oh by the way I have also reduced compression down considerably with 18/th inch base gaskets on the barrel.
I even had to grind the domed piston crown valve recesses to clear the valves????
People keep machining these things and know not what they do.

Started it yesterday after a month in the carpark with a sheet on it. Turned on the fuel and flooded the carb ,--second kick and she went straight to tick over,--she dont like throttle.
Karaokebrian

ajs 14csr down pipe

Post by Karaokebrian »

Hi Guys, Starting soon on making my newly aquired 54 mod 20 twinkle back to orginal. read loads of advice from the net re cleaning and making aluminium shine. Head spinning. some say use machines and buffers, some say hands only. Any advice on method and products would be appriciated. Brian.
gary

ajs 14csr down pipe

Post by gary »

Thats normal,its the baffle