Maurice Couling passes away at Jampot Rally

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
lawrence

Post by lawrence »

I am sad to have to inform you of the death of Maurice Couling (also known as Maurie) at the Jampot rally today (Saturday). Maurice was Advertising Manager for Jampot magazine and a well known and well liked figure in the club. During this mornings run he suddenly pulled his bike up and collapsed on the verge. Despite expert medical attention from a doctor and medics who were on the ride and the assistance of the air ambulance he died of a perforated ulcer.

Sadly I only knew Maurice for a few years but I thought he was one of the nicest people I knew. He was always cheerful and enthusiastic with a twinkle in his eye like a naughty schoolboy. He was a very efficient and tireless worker for the club. Late in 2006 he took the reins of the advertising manager to help reduce Eamonn’s workload. He proved to have been a shrewd choice for the job. Within a short time he realised thousands of pounds for the club funds. His contribution to AMOC was considerable and doubtless he would have gone onto higher positions in the club. He will be sorely missed and hard to replace. This is a severe blow to the club and Heart of England section in particular. He was comparatively young and had recently retired so was looking forward to having more time to enjoy life. It will be a bitter blow to his wife, Beryl, who was a popular character at Heart of England events. He clearly loved her dearly and was enjoying seeing more of her. Our condolences go to her and his family.

Cards are probably best sent to Beryl Couling c/o Jampot Spares.
STOP PRESS
SEE LATER TOPIC RE FUNERAL DETAILSEdited by - lawrence on 09 Aug 2007 10:15:33 PM
rex.webb

Post by rex.webb »

A sad Jampot to remember.
A tragic loss to us all , My Condolences to all the Family and Friends.
r w webb
bag-o-nails

Post by bag-o-nails »

I am very sorry to hear about the sad loss of Maurice Couling. As a fairly new member of the
club I had only spoken to maurice on one occasion he was very helpfull and keen to help; enthusiastic and a cheerful chap.

My Condolences to his Wife and Family

Phill Herold
AJSNUT

Post by AJSNUT »

A terrible loss for all of us, and an awful blow for Maurie's family. A small consolation may be that he died doing what he enjoyed. He was a true gentleman and a very pleasant person to know, an all round good man. My sincere sympathies to Beryl. Tim Anderson
jcm

Post by jcm »

What a terrible loss not only to Beryl but the club as a whole. Maurice always had a smile on his face and will be sorely missed by all.

Jon Martin
Mallet

Post by Mallet »

I've just heard,what a tragedy,my sympathys to Maurie's family.
His run will go on for ever now,
RIP ride-in-peace,fellow rider!

Roger
Born Hampshire, Ride Hampshire!