Bad Manners

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
basketcase

Bad Manners

Post by basketcase »

I`m not sure if I should put this in the forum, but having advertised some parts with the club (no where else may I add), I received numerous telephone calls and e-mails, one of which agreed to come to view said parts this weekend. We exchanged telephone numbers and e-mails, the last of which, two days previously, I asked him to let me know which day he was thinking of arriving. As of yet there have been no reply to my e-mails and no reply to any telephone calls. This being Saturday I presume there will be no visit at all.Funny thing being this `persons` name is mentioned in a previous letter to the forum. How about a list of these time wasters so they can be told in no uncertain terms where they can go and look for the next lot of parts. I certainly would like the person to arrive, unannounced and the parts would be dispatched `where the sun don`t shine`. Sorry for my rant, but time is precious to us all without wasting it on d*******s like these!!
Cheers, basketcase
Merlin

Bad Manners

Post by Merlin »

Typical of today I am afraid.
Chemists do it with test tubes
Dick Hobart

Bad Manners

Post by Dick Hobart »

The sad thing is, Nigel, that whereas in our halycon days of the Fifties and Sixties our fellow motorcyclists were always the very best of folk, nowadays they seem to be the either best of folk or the worst of folk, with very few in between. I'd like to think, though, that the good guys (and gals) still outnumber the bad 'uns.
Biscuit
Deceased

Bad Manners

Post by Biscuit »

Would it not be wise to wait and see what reason or excuse this 'Person' has to offer before passing judgement?

Merlin

Bad Manners

Post by Merlin »

Alan I think you are being too kind on this occasion a phone call is not too difficult.
Chemists do it with test tubes
Biscuit
Deceased

Bad Manners

Post by Biscuit »

Traffic accident, bereavement would any of us phone in these circumstances, as I say, wise to wait and see.

TommoT

Bad Manners

Post by TommoT »

I have to agree with Alan here. Before you publicise a blacklist it might be worth knowing the reason for his being a noshow.

But in general I agree, waisting other people's time is a crime that calls for severe punishment!
TommoT

Ride Your Motorcycle As If Your Life Depended On It - Cos' It Does!