Southwold

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Janet

Southwold

Post by Janet »

I am participating in the Round Britain Rally where we have to look for a land mark or two in each county of mainland Britain. The clue for one of them is The Battery, Southwold, Suffolk. Now being a reasonably bright person it occurred to me that Southwold is the stop for the Saturday run at this year's Jampot Rally. I believe that The Battery is something to do with a gun emplacement, fort, or other similar military establishment near the sea but would be everso grateful if anyone can actually tell me where it is. Don't worry, asking non-participants is allowed under the rules but I thought one of the locals from round there might know.

Janet

Southwold

Post by Janet »

Thanks for reading this. I've now had a reply pointing me in the right direction from a bit of a cracker.
lawrence

Southwold

Post by lawrence »

Que?

Is this the big tower on the coast near the sailing club? I think it is now a private residence.

Alternatively it may be the collection of cannon on the green. Edited by - lawrence on 25 Jul 2007 10:49:57 PMEdited by - lawrence on 26 Jul 2007 11:20:45 PM