headlight ears

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
jeffrey krzok

headlight ears

Post by jeffrey krzok »

I have a1954 AJS twin it has the 3 part headlight that appears not to fit the headlight ears that came with the bike, I think the part numbers for this headlight unit (ears) should be 018537 and 018537 with the larger holes for the two side lights can anyone help with this I did contact amoc spareswith out any joy, could really do with some drawing with dimentions to confirm or if there is anyone out the who may have these going spare at a price of course, heres hoping
Invicta

Re: headlight ears

Post by Invicta »

When you say headlight ears do you mean the two torpedo shaped lights that fit either side of the headlight that act as side lights? I have a 1950 model 18 with a 1954 front end that has these .I don't remember the head light having any extra holes to which they were attached when I took the head light off the bike. I will check tomorrow and if it is these torpedo light units that you are after I am sure that we can come to some arrangement. Cheers David.
Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Does your headlight shell have nuts fixed inside it for bolts or just holes in the steel for the sidelights?
Are you trying to fit the sidelights or just looking to bolt the headlight to the ears/supports?
CharlesDP

Post by CharlesDP »

Have a look at Austin A35 front sidelights on the wings
Invicta

Post by Invicta »

My head light shell has plain holes in it where the threaded fitting for the side light passes through. The nuts that secure the headlight are fitted from inside the headlight shell. As Duncan says, if your head light has nuts fixed to the inside of the shell then it is not the correct one to fit the side lights to.