Chrome substitute on welded steel

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
Andy51

Chrome substitute on welded steel

Post by Andy51 »

20240404_200320.jpg
Hi All, I am working on a 2LS brake conversion using a Honda brake plate and actuating arms, which have to be extended (see picture, I have yet to drill clevis pin holes and round off ends). I had planned to mill the weld flat, polish and get chromed, but the welder, who really knows his stuff, has advised me against cutting back the weld more than a minimum amount, meaning a chrome finish won't work. My thoughts are to use filler to build up a smooth surface, and paint - the PO had painted the actuating arms on my G80 black, and they look reasonable, or I thought silver might work. The filler needs to be strong both in adhesion and for forming corners/angles. I would be greatful for recommendations on alternative finishes, fillers and paint - and thoughts on colour. Thanks, Andy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
robcurrie

Re: Chrome substitute on welded steel

Post by robcurrie »

Powder coating may be an option.
Rob C
spookefoote1956

Re: Chrome substitute on welded steel

Post by spookefoote1956 »

Chromalike powder coating. Had my engine plates and kick start done. Brilliant stuff. Cheaper than chrome and friendlier to th'environment Gretta.
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein