DFDS Newhaven to Dieppe ferry service gives 20% Discount.

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
SPRIDDLER

DFDS Newhaven to Dieppe ferry service gives 20% Discount.

Post by SPRIDDLER »

in case it isn't generally known some (many) of us can get a discount on the whole ticket (except cabins) ......
DFDS OAP discount.JPG
They check your age from your passport at the check-in booth.
See website for timetable and 'normal' fares here:

https://www.dfds.com/en-gb/passenger-fe ... lsrc=aw.ds
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
56G80S

Re: DFDS Newhaven to Dieppe ferry service gives 20% Discount.

Post by 56G80S »

Good info, Sprid. If I can make it to Diekirch IJR I'd probably go Harwich to Hoek of Holland. 70 miles short once across the channel and avoids the drag round London. Of course, on the minus side no ride across the South Downs. Although the discount may still apply!

Johnny B
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

UPDATE - IT MAY MEAN GETTING TO THE IJR! My consultant has postponed radiotherapy. The lump that appeared on my neck is the same cancer as my (removed) bladder and the lump has slightly reduced after the first round of chemo, hope the same is happening with the shadows on my liver and one of the few remaining lymph nodes under my diaphragm, scan at the end of April will tell.

So I've been exploring ferries and total ridden mileages to get to them and from the disembarkation point to Diekirch.

Calais - Dover ruled out as if there is any kind of dispute, it affects this worse than others and it wasn't the cheapest. 321 miles away. 244 EU

Newcastle - Amsterdam £868, no way despite it being the closest that's mad. 48 miles away. 267 EU

Harwich - Hoek, usually prefer this, £319. Less cost despite increased fuel, doesn't amount to a lot really. 270 miles away. 226 EU

Newhaven - Dieppe, done this before too. £194 without looking at the discount! 321 miles and the longest in the the EU at 296 miles but so much cheaper than others. on the way I could probably stop over with my sister in law at Enfield. So, Sprid, it looks like I won't be far from you if I go.

Johnny B
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

BOOKED!

JohnnyB
EddieDay

Post by EddieDay »

Hi John. I will be going too although on the Dover - Calais crossing.
I have just posted a comment about the need for satnav on the IJR forum.