Matchless 500 - reg OLH 33

Where is that old bike?
Eamonn
Webmaster

Matchless 500 - reg OLH 33

Post by Eamonn »

From an email received:

I have just been clearing my parents house and came across an old photo album i had never seen. In the album are 4 photos of my parents and a Matchless 500 with sidecar reg OLH33. The photos are from 1953 or 1954 and were taken in Charlestown in Cornwall. My parents lived in the City of London and my mother's family are all Cornish so they were visiting family as well as taking holiday. A long trip on the old A30 or A303 before dual carriageways and through every town and village!

My father became quite a famous police officer so the owner may find the photos of historic interest. Dad sold the Matchless shortly after this trip following the death of his cousin in a motorcycle accident and never rode again- in fact he never learned to drive a car till mid 60's!

I see from DVLA the bike is still taxed but of course the owners details are not available. Should the owner be a member of the club I would be happy to share the photos.

If you have any information, please email webmaster@jampot.com and I'll pass the details on.
Corners like a Lego man