Monobloc float orientation

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
Expat

Monobloc float orientation

Post by Expat »

Silly question but memory fails me since stripdown. The plastic float in my G3 Monobloc has the word ‘front’ on one side of it, so does this side go into the carb first or should it be visible when fitted, before the chamber cover is put on.

Or does it even matter??

TIA, Steve
Keep shiny side up.

These are my principles, if you don’t like them, I have others. (Groucho Marx)
jackstringer

Re: Monobloc float orientation

Post by jackstringer »

Front facing you. From what I remember.
Reynard24

Post by Reynard24 »

“Front” should be facing you when you look into the float bowl and don’t forget the small spacer that fits on the float shaft after the float has been fitted.
Earlier floats would only fit one way and it is usually possible to see the witness mark of the float needle on both the copper and hybrid plastic/metal floats
Expat

Post by Expat »

Thanks chaps. I did search for the answer as I’ve seen it here in the past but it seems I rarely use the correct search format and struggle to find what I need. :cry: Strangely, I did look for a witness mark but there seems to be one on both sides! :roll:
Keep shiny side up.

These are my principles, if you don’t like them, I have others. (Groucho Marx)
tumblequit

Post by tumblequit »

Reynard24 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:41 am “Front” should be facing you when you look into the float bowl and don’t forget the small spacer that fits on the float shaft after the float has been fitted.
Earlier floats would only fit one way and it is usually possible to see the witness mark of the float needle on both the copper and hybrid plastic/metal floats
Thanks, I saw a symbol on my metal float.