Remebmer Keith Bellinger?

rupert_brun

Remebmer Keith Bellinger?

Post by rupert_brun »

Do any members of the Kent section remember Keith Bellinger, from Brenchley near Tonbridge Wells? I gather he died some years ago, not long after restoring a G3. I've now bought it from his friend Terry, who bought it form Keith's widow. It's not standard, modifications include 12v conversion, indicators and a different headlight with digital speedometer. Some of this I like and some I'll be returning to standard, over time. She's not been used for some years and is giving me grief, as expected. Today I collected her in a friend's van and brought her home. After checking oil, tyres etc I took her for a ride. She started easily but broke down after half a mile, the throttle slide had jammed, causing the plastic pattern-part twist grip to break. It was held together by a self-tapping screw into plastic, never a good idea. All sorted and back together now, perhaps tomorrow I'll manage a whole mile? She's my first British bike, and my first older than 1977. Once she's a bit more reliable I look forward to meeting other local owners.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rupert Brun
www.brun.co.uk