Here is a REAL AJS, none of your old rubbish.

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Janet

Post by Janet »

quote:
As well as an 18S I have a Suzuki GT750A. If the club allows the new AJS bikes in and caters for them,As I recall from the time this came up, the club has decided to welcome anyone who buys a Chinese AJS but will not be stocking spares for it.quote: It's a bit pointless even discussing having the Chinese AJSs join. True, as it has already been discussed.

I'm curious to know how someone arrives at this old thread on this particular forum to write a first post. Perhaps an introduction from said someone may have produced an explanation. Of course it could be Lawrence using his Saturday name.
Stan Palmer

Post by Stan Palmer »

This old thread opens up larger than full size on my PC, the identifier band on the left is hidden unless you scroll. So I have had a great time reading the comments and attributing them to the regulars before I check the name. I got good percentages with identification, marred only by odd moments of kindness that crept through. I think I'd better find something else to do !
orbinrangle

Post by orbinrangle »

Well, it's obviously still a contentious issue. Mind you, if I'd looked at the posting dates I doubt I'd have bothered replying. Ah, well.
R J Rawle
jonhal

Post by jonhal »

I know this string has been done to death but I presume Drackie was putting a toe in the water to test reaction! Thing is though Fluff Brown has a link to the factory, owns the marque and is alive and kicking so surely has every right to badge watever He likes.
I contacted AJS and they say sales are very good, so good luck to them. At least the name is being kept alive for the younger generation. I hope the Greek company get the Matchless up and running(or has it sold on again)
Janet

Post by Janet »

quote:
I know this string has been done to death but I presume Drackie was putting a toe in the water to test reaction! For what purpose? Clearly she's taken the trouble to search back to a thread that had previously last been posted on over 18months ago ( I find it hard to believe it was a random click that took her there ) and if she wanted to know how we felt about these bikes she only needed to read the previous 14 pages. Perhaps you think she could be wanting to gauge the reaction to her criticism of them. That could be so, but is just as relevant to any other website. I suppose she may also have made the same post elsewhere on the internet. No douobt she'll be back soon to explain.
rex.webb

Post by rex.webb »

Now that i have viewed it three more times and its up to 3000 viewings it will go away ???
Hope the motor cyclists among us get out and about when this weather clears up.
Ride with Care and live long.
r w webb