Here is a REAL AJS, none of your old rubbish.

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
rex.webb

Post by rex.webb »

This look as if it,s going to be the YEAR of Global biking ?Hope the folk over there know what is expected from them.
From the Jap Diesel,Jap Braked, Matchless Man. Now a cover model for BSA and Moto Guzzi.Try and beat that for Global Coverage !!
r w webb
good-hifi

Post by good-hifi »

Well this isn't going to go away no matter how many complain and moan about it.

I don't particularly like it but I also realise I can do nothing that would ever change it. Maybe many of us were born 40 years too late.

Best thing is to either accept it, ignore it, or buy loads of shares in the parent company and go to shareholders meetings and put your points of view direct. Not that this would change anything.

The dynamics of the global economy means that these things will grow like topsy until everything either falls over or comes together.

My feelings are that the strength of the pound is the proof of the pudding at the moment and no amount of bitterness is going to persuade any manufacturer, who has to satisfy his stakeholders and shareholders, otherwise.
Mick
deshollier
Deceased

Post by deshollier »

I often ask myself why I bought an Honda Accord (for the non motorbike trips), then I remember, it was probably because after six years I have yet to find the bonnet catch! With modern bikes and cars, reliability is the name of the game for most people, no matter what the make. Now, with old Brit bikes it is half the fun tweaking them to keep them running at all that gives me almost as much pleasure as riding them. How many youngsters will retain that idea of what constitutes biking is the great unknown.
rex.webb

Post by rex.webb »

THOUGHT ! ! !
Has anyone asked Fluff Brown how sales are going?.This could give this forum an insite to our deliberation,s.
r w webb
griffin

Post by griffin »

Did you see in the news those salvidgers on Branscombe beach with the BMW motorbikes taken from washed up containers.Apparently one container was full of new AJS's but they pushed that one back out to sea. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/6290887.stmEdited by - griffin on 24 Jan 2007 01:58:41 AM
good-hifi

Post by good-hifi »

I did see pictures of four chaps pushing a blue bike up the beach. Pity those vintage AJS's got pushed back though as I heard there were two unused Porcupines in there.....
Mick
rex.webb

Post by rex.webb »

If onlyFrancis Barnett,s were in production ?
Plovers and Seagulls.they would have survived. BMW could stand for "Been Muddy and WET". Snow here so thoughts of biking put out of my head.
r w webb
deshollier
Deceased

Post by deshollier »

Now if one of those containers had been full of AMC products being shipped back from somewhere or other - I may have gone to the beach myself!
good-hifi

Post by good-hifi »

Shipped back to Plumstead for warranty repairs.......
Mick
rex.webb

Post by rex.webb »

Now now !!
We must keep this serious or the new AJS Owner,s will think all the wrong things about us. AMC will not Honour any claims as you know the Factory is shut ?. Now these NEW AJS bikes i am sure will not be able to be taken back to the factory,for claims work?
I wonder how long a Guarantee they have.
r w webb