Noise 'cameras' - there's nowt new

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
spookefoote1956

Re: Noise 'cameras' - there's nowt new

Post by spookefoote1956 »

Ha ha! My mum was pregnant with me on that date! :lol:[/quote]

So was mine! Are you my brother? :?:
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Plugsnpoints wrote: Ha ha! My mum was pregnant with me on that date! :lol:
I doubt that mine was. I was 17 at the time and it was 4 days before her 64th birthday :o
My sister, (19 years my senior) told me that my Mum's first reaction was: "Oh my goodness, what will the neighbours say?"
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

While we're in confession mode, I was riding the Triumper Saint (TR6P) ex-Police into Middlesbrough very very early one Sunday morning. An ex-City machine it was very rapid until about 80 and then seemed to top out - I think the internal gear ratios may've been changed. Down Marton road too fast for 30 mph limit, turn left at Belle Vue onto Marton Burn road hit seventy and see a very small child on the pavement No idea what they were doing out well before 6 in the morning. Braked down and went past at 20.

Blue light.

Long chat with policeman, trying to distract him about fitting a spotlight where the blue light had been in the screen and mentioning I had recently passed an instructors course with Northallerton Police (you'd never guess). His response, "No ticket this time, I saw how you went past the child but don't do that speed again".

What a let off. But what about the child protection issues, poor kid?

Johnny B