AGM Call for Nominations for Committee Members

These are the front page News Items. Only Club members can add news items to this forum.
Committee

AGM Call for Nominations for Committee Members

Postby Janet » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:50 am

The Annual General Meeting will be held on Sunday 19th August 2018 at 17.00, the Jampot Rally, Rushden RFC, Northamptonshire.

The following committee posts will be vacant. Chairman; Secretary; President; Exhibitions Officer; Spares Officer.

If any member is keen to join the committee but is not confident about taking on a specific role immediately, nomination for a Member without Portfolio may be submitted. Officers in the remaining posts are willing to stand for re-election but members are also entitled to stand for them. A willing candidate must be nominated and seconded by full members along with a résumé showing his/her suitability for the position. To comply with the Club’s Articles of Association, I must receive nominations in writing by post or e-mail by noon 13th June 2018 or they will not qualify for voting at the meeting.

Members requiring items to be placed on the AGM agenda must submit them in writing to arrive by 19th July 2018.
Please send nominations or agenda items to president@jampot.com or Janet Burgar, 77 Grizedale, Hull, HU7 4AY (in the absence of a club secretary)

Re: AGM Call for Nominations for Committee Members

Postby alanengineer » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:55 pm

Silence is deafening

Sent on behalf of another

Postby SPRIDDLER » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:01 pm

Janet wrote:The Annual General Meeting will be held on Sunday 19th August 2018 at 17.00, the Jampot Rally, Rushden RFC, Northamptonshire.

The following committee posts will be vacant. Chairman; Secretary; President; Exhibitions Officer; Spares Officer.

Is 'Spares Officer' a new role? I don't see it (vacant or otherwise) shown in the list of club officials on the main web site.
:?

EDIT
Thanks for the info Stuart.
Last edited by SPRIDDLER on Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What if the Hokey-Cokey is what it's all about?

Committee

Postby Stuoyb » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:19 pm

There has been a “Spares Officer” as such for the last 6 years but it was done by someone who also had another committee post.
As he is standing down his main post this year it leaves this as a standalone position open for some willing volunteer.

Committee

Postby Janet » Mon May 28, 2018 10:46 am

Bumping this thread for those who search for 'new posts'.

As the deadline for nominations, noon on 13th June, is only 16 days away and I have received NONE for any of the committee posts, I'm hoping that there will be a rush in the next few days so I can submit the list of candidates for publication in the July issue of the Jampot, so as to comply with the required length of notification for consideration by the membership.

Neither have I received any items for the AGM agenda but these may still be submitted up to 19th July.

Committee

Postby Rob Harknett » Mon May 28, 2018 1:01 pm

No nominations yet. Seems to suggest there is no interest in keeping the club going. After the AGM it will be quite difficult to get enough committee members together to hold a meeting. I believe a min. of Seven are required.
We are a limited company that also needs to be legal. We are also in danger of loosing directors. I am beginning to think, if you all do not care about the future of our club why should I. I appeal to you all for your support in keeping our club going. Rob Harknett.

Committee

Postby Janet » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:06 am

I am pleased to be able to report that a portion of the doom and gloom has been lifted. I have nominations for the posts of President, Chairman and Member Without Portfolio. This still leaves no candidates to fill the vacancies for Secretary, Exhibitions Officer and Spares Officer but you still have until noon on 13th June to submit nominations for all posts.

Committee

Postby Rob Harknett » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:09 am

Not everyone is active on the forum, so anyone that attends section meetings please spread the news Janet has posted. Perhaps someone in your section can help. Quite a few committee members, come from those that are active section committee members. They have the interest of doing good for the club at heart. Anyone interested could make themselves known at the AGM or perhaps attend as section rep, a meeting at Kettering. To meet the committee, see what goes on etc . They can always be co op'd onto the committee. Some one has to cover a vacant post, even assistance would help. This would give time before next years AGM before getting duly elected to take an office.

Committee

Postby Janet » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:32 am

I now have two nominations for president, one for chairman and one for 'without portfolio'.

Committee

Postby Janet » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:30 pm

I have been withholding names of candidates until the cut-off date for nominations to encourage people to stand in an attempt to avoid the usual "if s/he is standing, I won't put my name forward. If you don't believe that happens, how many times have you seen a challenge to an incumbent who is prepared to continue?

Since I have been asked by Roy Bellett who is the second candidate for the president's role with the nominator and seconder, so other members have the same information, I will put details of all the candidates here. The official notification to the full membership will be published in the Jampot after the final date for receipt of nominations.

The candidates are as follows:

President - Rob Swift. Nominated by Lesley Wright. Seconded, Ian Farrington.

Chairman - Roy Bellett. Nominated by, Roger Ashby. Seconded, Clive Turner.

Member Without Portfolio - Charles Dixon-Payne. Nominated by Roy Bellett. Seconded. Dudley Woods.

You still have until noon on Wednesday 13th June to volunteer or cajole, coerce or blackmail people to fill the other roles. If you've forgotten what they are, you'll find them in the opening post of this thread.

Edited to remove nominee for president.

Next

Return to News Items