G3LS LHV 83

Where is that old bike?
Pheonix

G3LS LHV 83

Post by Pheonix »

Originally from the large dealer just outside Fords in Barking (Cant remember the name) and bought by me in late 1960 from Tickets Queens Road Southend on Sea and sold back to them 18 months later does it still exist or has any one had it pass through there hands.
Eric

G3LS LHV 83

Post by Eric »

Have a look on the website www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk when you get there select "Vehicle Enquiry from the menu on the left and follow the instructions.This will not tell you who has it now but it will tell you if it is Sorned or Taxed.

Biscuit
Deceased

G3LS LHV 83

Post by Biscuit »

Do you mean Fords of Dagenham? It was probably Imperial Motors, bought a G3L from them in 1953.

Derek Cooper

G3LS LHV 83

Post by Derek Cooper »

The motorcycle dealer outside of Ford's in Dagenham was J.J (Johnny) Double, previously of Smith and Double, of Gants Hill. I remember that he used to drive a Jag, with the reg. No. UP U 2!
Derek Cooper
Pheonix

G3LS LHV 83

Post by Pheonix »

Thanks for the replies I had already tried dlvc or what ever with a nil result and it was J J Double who first sold it. Thanks
Derek Cooper

G3LS LHV 83

Post by Derek Cooper »

Sorry, my memory had jumped a tooth, it was the other half of the Smith and Double partnership, Reg Smith, that ran that dealership in Imperial House (and Jag), outside the Ford Motor Company in Dagenham in the good old days, sorry about that!
Derek Cooper.
Biscuit
Deceased

G3LS LHV 83

Post by Biscuit »

Beat me to it Derek, it came back to me. Imperial House (New Road Dagenham. Tel Rainham 3284 & 2786) was the premises, in 1954 it was Smith and Double (Dagenham) Ltd.