G2 charging query

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
Thunderbird

G2 charging query

Post by Thunderbird »

Hi all I wonder if anyone can help me I have a 1961Matchless G2 and in the wiring diagram there is shown a resistance wire I don't have this is it necessary if it is what value is it? And can I use a normal resistor in its place?thanks guys. Dodge
Les Howard

Re: G2 charging query

Post by Les Howard »

What an absolute coincidence Roger Philpot from the Oxford area....would you believe there is another Roger Philpot also from the Oxford area with a Username of: "reidclaire14" who posted just the same question only about 2-3 days ago!!!...What an absolute coincidence!! Unfortunately the Roger Philpot of username "reidclaire14" after receiving a good set of comprehensive replies has not bothered to reply himself. I might be a cynical old git but at the same time not completely stupid but I have to wonder if you are not the same man? It would seem fruitless to provide more answers on the subject considering the original question on the "G2" is still on view just a few questions back. You never know... we might have another Roger Philpot asking the same questions in another two days mightn't we? ....Les
Thunderbird

Post by Thunderbird »

Hi Les sorry about the confusion I'm new to this game didn't realise when I posted my first request it got through to the website,so I thought I'd have another go with a different address mind you I still can't find your original reply please bear with me.
Les Howard

Post by Les Howard »

Fair enough Roger...your original question and answers is here: http://www.jampot.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... &t=14147re:

ATB...Les