Carb issues resovled

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
davegsx

Carb issues resovled

Post by davegsx »

After the problem with how I could only open full throttle while holding down the fuel tickle button, I have stripped the carb renewed the pilot jet, reason for that was the cover had been glued on because the thread had been stripped, next it was onto the main jet which was in a bad state once I got it out and cleaned I could see it was jet size 200 after checking with Amal, it should have been a 180 so I replaced this. also while removing the tank the fuel lines cracked so these got replaced as well.
I have now been for a long run and it picks up revs much better and now pulls full throttle with out cutting out.
Also the kick start problem I had as disappeared. now I know this would have nothing to do with the carb but I will take it that it is fixed.
Also while on a positive note my advert for a speedo drive got answered, the very day Jampot came out I got a phone call form a member John, (He is not on-line) after a very pleasant chat he is posting it to me, I asked how I was going to pay him and he said not to worry about that and wait until it arrived then if happy with it to post a cheque. What a honest man. The next day he phoned again to tell me he had posted it. We had a long chat about AMC stuff, he used to work there. So a big thank you to John and Jampot. Where I was brought up and being the age that I am i'm not used to such trust.
Even the sun has come out.
Also with out sounding patronising would it not be a good idea at local club level meets to have a basic IT training session so those that don't go on line could be shown how to do it? due to work shifts I can't get to my section meet that often and with out the forum I would be well and truly stuck. Just an idea.

Ozmadman

Re: Carb issues resovled

Post by Ozmadman »

Yes, it's nice to deal with trustworthy people and that's one advantage of being in a club. I have just sent a casing to a member who I asked to only pay me if he was happy and that cheque came the other day. And a member from the yamaha Aircooled club that I belong to sent me an air filter which I paid for after receiving it. You wouldn't get that from a eBay sale!!.
Paul
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed
SPRIDDLER

Re: Carb issues resovled

Post by SPRIDDLER »

davegsx wrote:......the cover had been glued on because the thread had been stripped, next it was onto the main jet which was in a bad state .

I'll say it is - It's BENT! Was the P.O. a gorilla?
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'