handlebars

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
4591yelrah1

handlebars

Post by 4591yelrah1 »

width of g2 handlebars please i think mine have been shortend, in inches (seeing as this is getting silly)
Last edited by 4591yelrah1 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alanengineer

Re: handlebars

Post by alanengineer »

I love your quintessential English sense of politeness in your eagerness to gain knowledge.
Thank you for you enquiry and do hope that less sensitive people rally round at their time expence to find a solution to your problem.
Janet

Post by Janet »

Very narrow.
alanengineer

Post by alanengineer »

Janet. Are you measuring in metric or imperial
robcurrie

Post by robcurrie »

liketohelpbutdonthaveg2
Matchless_Mayhem

Post by Matchless_Mayhem »

Janet wrote:Very narrow.
Reminds me of a mate of mine referring to his (often iffy) repair work as "Brand new, second hand"!!!
Who, me!?
Janet

Post by Janet »

At first I was going to smack Alan's botty for being inconsiderate towards a new person whose somewhat abrupt and punctuation free posting style indicated his first language is not English, particularly with a name like Yelrah. Then I thought he was a bit backward (4591yelrah1-1harley1954) but from his profile his real name is Billy Pickering, a solid Yorkshire name if ever I saw one. So..........

I have searched through several drawers to find a tape measure, gone outside in the cold, moved the car to enable opening of the garage door, stepped over the petrol can, squeezed past the Guzzi and measured my handlebars. As it says in Haynes manuals, to reinstate all the bits, simply reverse the procedure, except that I didn't get my elegantly coiffed hair caught on the Guzzi on the way in. I was thinking of saying, "You tell me yours and I'll tell you mine" but I'd rather get this over with. My bars measure 26 inches from end to end (660mm). Of course, in keeping with the rest of the bike, they are a teensy bit bent, so may be ever so slightly shorter than yours.

I hope that helps.
Tolly

Post by Tolly »

Gosh Janet, that's a good bit of detective work to find out he's from Yorkshire. :lol: I also like the "story". You're a bit like my wife when she txt's
any one, it ends up an long story. :o But I love it. When are you going to write another piece for the Jampot mag? :D

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Janet, have you now worn out your keyboard letters.
You could had done the first page of another artical for our magazine.
4591yelrah1

Post by 4591yelrah1 »

thank you janet that wasent hard was it mine measure 18" BEFORE THEY START THATS THE HANDLEBARS