battery not charging properly

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Some confusion here.

Glen when you say you've been a member for over 10 yrs we've no record of you joining the club. Do you mean that you've been a registered guest on the forum for over 10 yrs?
If so from the 1st Oct you'll only have a further 90 days after that to decide whether to join the club or have access denied.
743GUO

Post by 743GUO »

in reply to ajscomboman, now I'/m confused. I have a membership card & number(13996)dated 09/10/2001. I renewed online in Nov 2010 but come to think of it don't remember renewing since. Haven't seen jampot mag for ages either - has that stopped? I'm keen to stay a member with access to forums/spares scheme etc.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

No the mag hasn't stopped therefore as I can't find you on the system I'm guessing that you've been dropped off if no payment for membership was received.

As your keen to renew you'd be better off contacting Louise at Kettering 01536 511532 as she is able to update the membership with immediate effect once payment details have been given. Or if you're in no rush renew again online and ensure you receive notification by e-mail and call if no Jampot is received after the 14th of the month (depending on the date you join).
Samuel

Post by Samuel »

quote:
Thanks for all the commnts. In reply to goldstar, I've been a member for over 10 years but not a very active one. The nearest section to me is Bristol, and my "ode thumper" wouldn't get that far! We could do with a Wiltshire section, but I haven't got the time to start one.

Ken BrYant (aka ITMA) is in Pewsey, Wiltshire - try sending him an email or PMEdited by - Samuel on 02 Sep 2012 4:25:33 PM
Sam
saltbox alf
Deceased

Post by saltbox alf »

Ken has turned off his pm and email, come back Ken if you are watching
Allons-y, amis de Matchless et AJS
CR

Post by CR »

quote: I have a membership card & number(13996)dated 09/10/2001. I renewed online in Nov 2010 but come to think of it don't remember renewing since. Haven't seen jampot mag for ages either - has that stopped? I'm keen to stay a member with access to forums/spares scheme etc.

Glen, I note from your membership record that you lapsed as a member in January 2011. That would be why the magazine ceased. I also note that you rejoined online at 14:50 today - welcome back. You will receive an Ezine version of the Jampot magazine as part of your joining pack, and your first paper copy will be the October issue.

If Bristol is too far west, you could venture east on the A4 to the Newbury Section. Are you sure you don't fancy forming a Wiltshire section?
743GUO

Post by 743GUO »

Yeah I know Ken - he rebuilt my engine a few years ago - top bloke. I think he found my bike a bit of a nightmare though!
saltbox alf
Deceased

Post by saltbox alf »

Welcome back too. I mirror your regard of Ken.
Going back to your test you seem to have the charge rate as per the book more or less. What type of regulater do you have? could be thats going open circuit and draining the battery, or as mentioned earlier a short cicuit, another possibility also high resistance in a connector. Bad earth connection??
OLd story , check every thing in sequence and then again. also replace suspect items with known good items to ruel them out. Thats about my limit of knowledge
Allons-y, amis de Matchless et AJS
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Could it be the engine my spare flywheels went into 2/3 yrs ago? According to Ken when he picked them up the motor he was working on was completely s*****d.
743GUO

Post by 743GUO »

To ajscomboman - I think its the very same. I remember him sourcing a flywheel from the club.

& to Saltbox Alf - I won't be able to look at this til next weekend, but thanks for the suggestions.

Glen