G80CS DYNAMO

Information relating to the Matchless G80 or AJS Model 18 500cc Heavyweight.
AWPY7

G80CS DYNAMO

Post by AWPY7 »

HI ALL,

I HAVE A 1955 MATCHLESS G80CS MOTOR IN A 1960 FRAME WITH 1957 AMC GEARBOX,IN ROAD RACE TRIM, AND I INTEND TO PUT IT ON THE ROAD, AS A CAFE RACER, MY QUESTION IS, HOW DOES THE DYNAMO, WHICH I HAVE, ATTACH IN THE ENGINE PLATES AT THE REAR OF THE MOTOR. ANY REPLY OR DIAGRAM WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. CHEERS
dave16mct

G80CS DYNAMO

Post by dave16mct »

NO NEED TO SHOUT! You will have to use rear engine plates from a 57 model with holes for the dynamo. You also need a dynamo clamp assembly which fits in between the plates. Theres also a fitment you may already have screwed to your dynamo which locates it in position. Dave.
GOLDSTAR

G80CS DYNAMO

Post by GOLDSTAR »

the way the dynamo fits is one of Noah's mysteries, an afterthought looks to me, I managed to fit one to my G380cs shortstroke I made the piece that secures the bolt from the strap, it's simple really but best if you can look at one in the flesh, what ever you do ensure you fit the little metal strap at the top of the casing to stop the thing working its way into the primary chain, I'm surprised your engine and chainwheel sprocket line up with this arrangement, my shortstroke with originally a Burman box did'nt without a spacer, hav'nt seen one the other way round though, kind regards
AWPY7

G80CS DYNAMO

Post by AWPY7 »

Thanks to both Cheers