Condenser

Information relating to the Matchless G5 or AJS Model 8 350cc Lightweight
bobber

Condenser

Post by bobber »

Hi, can anyone please tell me the Lucas Part Number for the Condenser for a 350 Lightweight (G5. Thanks and regards, Andy.
Rob Harknett

Condenser

Post by Rob Harknett »

Should that not be Wipac for the lightweigts, perhaps thats why a Lucas pt. no. cant be found
cbranni

Condenser

Post by cbranni »

AMOC spares

http://www.jampot-spares.com/store/come ... tItems.asp

I think this is the one I ordered a good while back as a spare
only dead fish go with the flow
Rob Harknett

Condenser

Post by Rob Harknett »

http://www.jampot-spares.com/store/come ... ategory=54
this will take you to the page for the condensor, and yes it is Wipac not lucas.
bobber

Condenser

Post by bobber »

Many thanks for the replies; I couldn't find one on the spares site but now have one on order! Regards, Andy
Colin Oakley

Condenser

Post by Colin Oakley »

I recently bought a new condensor from a local classic bike shop in Southend. The owner told me that any condensor will do the job if it fits the bike. This engine has enough room to play with around the points area and the BSA condensor works perfectly. Job done.
Ozmadman

Condenser

Post by Ozmadman »

quote:
I recently bought a new condensor from a local classic bike shop in Southend. The owner told me that any condensor will do the job if it fits the bike. This engine has enough room to play with around the points area and the BSA condensor works perfectly. Job done.

As did I, he even gave me some wire to connect it as his one has a nut type terminal whereas the original has a captive wire, works fine which is more that could be said for the original ones I had.

Paul
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed
rex.webb

Condenser

Post by rex.webb »

GOOD old WIPAC ??
Still getting put down .
But think of all the Bantams running on WIPAC electrics.
As has been said befor put your condencer nr the Coil if you like .It will still work ok .
RIDE with CARE and LIVE LONG to ENJOY your Bikes and Scooters .
r w webb
Rob Harknett

Condenser

Post by Rob Harknett »

A good few years ago I got a tip, It was passed on and published in jampot. This gave details of the part that could be used.
The part cost very little from an electrical parts strore like Maplins. It was something like a 4 microfarad 5000VDC certain type of capaicitor. I cant recall the details, but this thing did the same job as the old design condenser. Some electronic wizzard out there will know what I mean and perhaps explainEdited by - Rob Harknett on 23 Jun 2012 10:05:17 AM
Ian5913

Condenser

Post by Ian5913 »

I agree Rex nothing wrong with Wipac condensers they lasted well and are one of the good bits. I always look out for them at sales. I also agree with Colin my spares shop in Reading sold me a condenser that was off a Yamaha of all things to get me out of a problem it ran for ages (it might still be fitted thinking about it)

Ian