nac 12 125

This area is for discussion/information on the "modern" AJS motorcycles manufactured in China from 2006 onwards.
bearddude

nac 12 125

Post by bearddude »

Just got a nac12 125 anyone got had 1 for a while
Don Madden

nac 12 125

Post by Don Madden »

Errr, no. I have enough problems with my B*A unit singles to make life interesting. Cheers, Don.
johnbridgedesign

nac 12 125

Post by johnbridgedesign »

I have the CSR NKT1 which is the same but for some reason AJS had it branded differently.

Its been quite a good bike for me, sluggish up hills as you would expect and doesnt like the rain very much (seems to choke in first gear when moving from stand still)

Once warmed up though it runs well and is quite nippy.

Unfortunately i bought a second hand one and it has a few niggling problems (the choke on the handle bars doesnt work/isnt connected.

The radiator fan doesnt appear to be working.

There is a harness in the engine that isnt connected to anything, at first i thought maybe the rad (fan issue solved) but its not for that.

So seeing as you have one i dont suppose we could trade some detailed and close up engine shots so i can figure out what it is for.
bearddude

nac 12 125

Post by bearddude »

Im still in the process of running mine in but its runs fine after 2 mins on it, Ive noticed the stuttering on colder morinings so i just leave it running for a min with the choke out 3 quaters at about 3000 revs. I will be happy to take a few snaps ill try to help. where abouts is the harness.
johnbridgedesign

nac 12 125

Post by johnbridgedesign »

Sorry for the delay in the pictures. I have been very busy.
Anyway here is the lost harness/connector.

and also i have a hose that has been cut and blocked and could you confirm my suspicions with it

Sorry for the size of the images.

Thanks for your help.

John
bigwol

nac 12 125

Post by bigwol »

I know nothing about these bikes however it is not unusual these days for bikes to share harnesses with similar models and for manufacturers to just leave disconnected wiring not used one one type.
The hose i suspect is a breather from the top end of the engine to the carb to stop oily smoke being vented into the atmosphere to meet emission laws. It may be your bike was a little "breathy" and oil vapour was causing poor running or fouling the plug so the previous owner cut it and blocked it off.
It has been blocked carb end so as to stop air being sucked in causing weak mixture and left open breather side so the crank gases can still vent.
Hope this may help. As for the fan, do you mean you solved it? If not it could well be the fan itself, try taking a direct live/earth to see if the motor runs, sensor or a relay.
Best of luck.
It's all just riding motorbikes
dogwheel

nac 12 125

Post by dogwheel »