Choke?

This area is for discussion/information on the "modern" AJS motorcycles manufactured in China from 2006 onwards.
justinchiarini

Choke?

Post by justinchiarini »

Hey People,

just got my 2012 dd125e.

a quick question i think the choke may not be adjusted properly. If its all the way up the bike is running fine. once warmed up if i ease it down less than half way it cuts out? is this normal?

Regards

Justin
bigwol

Choke?

Post by bigwol »

Don't sound right, take it back to the dealer Justin.
It's all just riding motorbikes
justinchiarini

Choke?

Post by justinchiarini »

Hey, thanks for the reply. It seems like when the bike has the choke all the way up that is the normal running??? the only problem is the dealer is 60 miles away and i cant make any trips anytime soon :(
Rob Harknett

Choke?

Post by Rob Harknett »

Maybe it will only need a phone call to the dealer. We mainly have the old bikes, so you know as much as us of the new AJS
SPRIDDLER

Choke?

Post by SPRIDDLER »

You have a local AJS agent, Total Moto, at Burgess Hill, 12 miles away. Give 'em a call.
I don't know your bike but are you sure that the choke is 'off' when it's "down"?
If it "runs fine" with the choke 'up' maybe that is the correct running position.
I shouln't think it needs much choke, if any at all to start it, and very little "warming up" needed as it's only a little engine, especially with rhe current ambient temp..
It sounds to me that you are putting the choke 'on' when it's warmed up, which will certainly upset the running of a warm engine.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
justinchiarini

Choke?

Post by justinchiarini »

Hey Spriddler,

thanks it was my mistake. the choke is in the correct position when up. I know total moto and gave them a call yesterday and all is fine.

Thanks to all who replied
joker7

Choke?

Post by joker7 »

That little handbook makes for interesting :) so poorly translated.

Chris