crankshaft 500/600 noddy ??

Information relating to the Matchless G12 or AJS Model 31 650cc twin
Groily

Post by Groily »

Nice beast indeed Keith, and evocative old piccies which are superb. Must certainly be rare to have a one-family, only three-people-ever-ridden-it sort of bike. 39K in 50 years is commendably restrained!
Quite a few people would claim to know their way around their machine of course, but might not have had the good luck to know the in-the-family history from day one.
Doesn't quite fit with my old nails though, 400,000 probably on my tattiest twin now (I'm the third owner and knew the second). All-comers are welcome to ride the thing and do - it's like the chippie's favourite hammer - several new heads and a few new 'andles but still the same tool.
Good news you've found a good home for those bits, you've done a Good Thing there - but tell me, what will you actually do when something HAS to be replaced on yours?! Beautiful though it is, it can't be kept working for ever on the bits it came with can it?
Anyway, good luck with preserving it - and using it!
mdt-son

Post by mdt-son »

quote: Don't worry about the cost (too much!) for now, initially we're trying to guage interest.

Hi RogerJ,
I've just re-assigned to the club, planned to do so for months. How do I cast my interest for a pair of new 650 cranks?

Rgds.

Knut Sonsteby
(Norway)
cf160

Post by cf160 »

No response to this question ,Roger?
Dave(cf160)
David J.Potter
Eamonn
Webmaster

Post by Eamonn »

Corners like a Lego man
RogerJ

Post by RogerJ »

Just in case anyone else reads this thread - Knut was contacted directly.

If anyone else ones wants one who hasn't let us know then now is the time (secretary@jampot.com)