g80cs

Information relating to the Matchless G80 or AJS Model 18 500cc Heavyweight.
buell

g80cs

Post by buell »

Hi all went out on the bike yesterday. The plate that holds the numberplate fractured and fell off so lost the rear light numberplate and the backing plate.As i am new to the matchless family could someone please tell me the part no for said plate.The g80 is an american import 1967 its fantastic it's nice when you want something for so long <15yrs> and when you get it it's better than you expect. Also i live in orpington do the amc club meet anywhare in this area cheers.jeff.
Don Madden

g80cs

Post by Don Madden »

I am happy to help those who help themselves. You can find the answer by perusing the spares manual, available free on Christian's Archive site: archives.jampot.dk You will also find the service manuals & many other related documents & photos. The North American Section of the AJSMOC re-manufactures many of the tin bits unique to the scramblers & lists: 029760, Rear number plate, 1963-on CS singles at US$30.

Donate some loose change to Christian, who maintains the site & equipment at no charge to visitors. Cheers, Don.
SPRIDDLER

g80cs

Post by SPRIDDLER »

On the main Public Forum index page you'll find all sections listed with events, meeting points, dates etc.
Join the Club!
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
buell

g80cs

Post by buell »

thank's very much for your help.
buell

g80cs

Post by buell »

Thank's very much for your help Don contacted john from the North American section and orderd the part great service.As i said i'm new to amc models .Still own a Velocette mss so might cover old ground please be gentle with me. cheers jeff.
Don Madden

g80cs

Post by Don Madden »

No offense intended, Jeff. We get a lot of questions here, many of which we do not have an answer without researching it, so concentrate on the ones that the owner is unable to solve with simple searches. I would like all needing help to at least have copies of the spares lists & service manuals, which are available without cost. Some of us spend a lot of time looking for the solutions to other's problems. Cheers, Don.
buell

g80cs

Post by buell »

I'm with you on that i will always try to work things out before asking for help it's half the fun.