Filling in forms - help with some data please!

Information relating to the Matchless G3 or AJS Model 16 350cc Heavyweight
itma

Post by itma »

Politically Correct?

translation needed please
wilko

Post by wilko »

Idle speed? OHV or SV? Tyre size? What world do they live in?
en7jos

Post by en7jos »

First batch of paperwork all submitted and the powers that be have granted an exemption from noise and pollution regulations certificate - hooray! So that's two less (big) hurdles to jump!

New Amal carb on order. The post seems to work here in Hong Kong (unlike back in India where nothing ever made it through) so at least I can get my hands on some spares. My G3's been running a Mikuni off an Enfield for the past year, which has been a good stop-gap, but a proper carb should hopefully make the world of difference. Actually, it wasn't even a Mikuni come to think of it but a "Mikcarb" - a cheap Indian copy of the same. But it seemed to work ok I guess.

Other exciting news is that there's is another Matchless bike here too - a '56 G80. The oldest bike here is apparently a 1926 Sunbeam model 6 flat tank, whatever one of those looks like.

Monograde oil is still a bit of a tricky one, but I think I have a lead for a supply of Morris 50. And shops here stock a reasonable range of NGK plugs (unlike the choice of 3 back in India) so I have at last got my hands on some B7ES's.

In the end, I managed to answer most of my questions above by looking at the club dating certificate that Les Ward sent me last year. This turned out to be incredibly valuable for registering the bike here as the powers-that-be were more than happy to accept this as official documentation over the flawed India paperwork. Cheers Les!

Next step... Registering for import taxes (they're zero but you still have to register), insurance and then the first inspection. I'll let you know how we get on....

James
----------------------------------------------------------------------
My Matchless G3LS website is here - http://www.matchlessclueless.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------